computer problems, please help!

Stonewall said:
Through a web browser usually Gore, linked from the UM forum page.

:err:

I expected to see some wanky comments like that so shit, just gonna run out and spend $1k on upgrades so I can load up a few graphics and text in a web browser, back soon. You know it's a pity, but I had to give up word processing because my PC was bought before 2003.

There's no need to be a jerk. I was just asking, because this site is immense and sometimes I can't get it to load properly on my work computer, so I figured there might be problems. Sheesh.

Blitzkrieg said:
I aquired a USB mouse which seems to be working fine. Is there any way I can disable the other port so I stop getting those annoying and interupting messages when I start up the PC?

Yeah, you can right-click My Computer --> Properties --> Device Manager (tab) and find the Ports section.

Look for the offending one, right-click it and choose Disable.

That should do it, if not you'll have to disable it in the BIOS, which I can't help you with here.

Goreripper said:
There's no need to be a jerk. I was just asking, because this site is immense and sometimes I can't get it to load properly on my work computer, so I figured there might be problems. Sheesh.

I have pretty much no problems using the site, aside from the occasional niggle where it thinks you have already read everything when you go back the forum page or where it persists in thinking you haven't read a thread that you have.

Being a jerk is fun, but my sarcasm was mainly due to testosterone fuelled nerdy people who think they need the latest and greatest, you just got caught in the crossfire.

2000 is the bomb.

Don't listen to phloggy either, ubuntu is fucking gay. It's the worst linux distro ever.I hate its penis.

My advice to you Blitzy, sell your shitbox car and buy a pc that doesn't pre-date the human species.