computer sounds through firewire audio interface?

X14Halo

May 28, 2010
Whenever I play guitar on my computer through amplitube or guitar rig, I have to use ASIO drivers. The only problem is that when I switch to ASIO, the other sounds on my computer dont work (quicktime, itunes, firefox). I want to be able to watch some guitar lessons online and play at the same time with the ASIO driver. Is this possible?

read your manual....

to answer your questions (assuming your using windows) just go to control panel and choose sound devices, then select your interface as your device. You might now be able to with your interface, i know i wasnt able to with my M-audio duo i had back in the day

Whenever I play guitar on my computer through amplitube or guitar rig, I have to use ASIO drivers. The only problem is that when I switch to ASIO, the other sounds on my computer dont work (quicktime, itunes, firefox). I want to be able to watch some guitar lessons online and play at the same time with the ASIO driver. Is this possible?

if you don't have a separate outputs in use, afraid not.

I want to be able to watch some guitar lessons online and play at the same time with the ASIO driver. Is this possible?

Of course you can. Just get a secondary sound card for your OS (cheap blaster clone) to avoid ASIO/driver issues, as your manual surely suggests.

Computer Line Out -> Interface Line In

That's how I do it, but I'm using a MOTU 2408 with line in's to spare :(

-P

totally depends on the interface.

firepod: works as the windows soundcard by default. always used it this way, never had an issue.
digi002: has a stereo RCA line in on the back and a switch to route it to the monitors, does not act as windows sound card.
profire2626: works as the soundcard by default, can be set in the profire mixer. never an issue.

and those are the only three i've ever configured.