COMPUTER TROUBLES

ATLA

Oct 12, 2007
The North
so in the middle of recording my demo, the capacitors on my video card decide to pop. no big deal, i went and got a new card.. but after its installed i go to listen to music and everything is suddenly popping and sometimes laggy.. so im confused because before this happened my soundcard was fine..

i have 3gb's of ram.. so i dont know why it would lag and pop all of the sudden.. especially when the video card came with its own dedicated memory..

its not the power supply because i just got a brand new one today and no change in problem.

all of the drivers have been updated.

the only thing would be if i actually did need more ram or..

both the sound card and video card are sharing the same #16 irq.
but aren't the irq's designed to share?

any help from the techy computer guys around here would be great!

i should have been more specific, no swollen's on the Mother board.

i have kinda narrowed down the symptoms.

i put the soundcard on a different pci slot. it is no longer sharing the same IRQ as the video card.

so for example what happens is : i turn on itunes, play some music. when i click on different tabs its lags for a fraction of a second and causes a some clicks/pops in the music..

amd or nvidia? either way, try disabling the driver services for the video card, this includes driver help services/startup apps, the updates in some of newer video card drivers work great if your running stuff that actually use them, but for realtime audio apps not so well, some stuff can interfere. also have your fully optimized xp for your audio apps? this includes a shit load of changes.

well fuck, apparently it's all caused by the new nvidia evga video card. does that meen the cards a dud or that i have to get more ram?

idk about the problem ur having, but

why would you spend good money on a new gfx card when you can solder on new caps for like $5?