Consolidated 'STENCH' Album Status Thread

NekrogoblinTim

Your skin is mine.
So, here's a bullet point update:

• We have 12 songs in various stages of completion. The most complete are the following:
    • Return To The Sky (From Whence You Came) - This song is about giant birds.
    • No One Survives - An epic ballad about the apocalyptic results of a goblin invasion.
    • The Bog - A song about an evil swamp in the forest.
    • Bears - A song about bears.
    • Prince of the Land of Stench - Anyone who visits The Land of Stench is forever tainted with a horrible smell.
    • Nekropolis - A song about the capital city of the goblins.
  • We've enlisted the help of a really awesome violinist named Antonya Forsyth to record real strings. We did some recording yesterday and the results were pretty fantastic, so look forward to that.
  • Instead of just Nicky and me like on Goblin Island, this new album will have all the band members. You'll hear it especially on the drums and bass, which will finally be recorded as opposed to sequenced.
  • We don't really have a release date yet, because there's a ton of work left. For instance, most of the band hasn't even begun to learn the stuff we've written so far. Eddie will need at least two weeks per song to be ready to record. We also need to secure an artist for the CD design, and set up preordering so we can fund manufacturing.

Discuss,
-Timbus

I'm stoked, especially for the live instrument recordings. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved Goblin Island, but one of the only beefs I had with it was that at times, it just sounded too processed.

The strings sound rad too. I'll be anticipating this up until the release date.

You guys should just get signed, get huge, go on tour, and play a show in my backyard. Don't even think about it, just do it.

I believe this cd is going to kick asses.
You must come and play in Argentina, i'll borrow you my backyard like Dylan if it's necessary, but you have to come. Now.

About the cd art, did you never read the pm i sent you? I offered you to do it for free :p
I'm working on a goblin draw, gimme a few weeks to finnish it, and i'll scan and post it, so you cna give me an opinion ;)

Damn, this fucking shift button is working like shit.

Dylan - What's your request?

GmT-Curwen - Yeah, I did see that, sorry I didn't respond, at the time we were talking to another artist and I wasn't sure how it was all going to play out. Anyway, by all means, send me any of your work and I'll check it out.

Also, we'd play your backyard now, if you can pay for travel and lodging. :) Depending on how far away it was, it would be anywhere between $2,000 and $10,000. For other countries, we would also need to be able to borrow amps, cabs, and a drum kit, since we can't take those on a plane.
-Tim

Cover the Street Fighter II theme song.

And yeah, I live in Boston, and I have about enough money to buy myself a roast beef sub with no condiments every Sunday. We'll put that idea on hold for a while.

This seems like it will be even better than Goblin Island, which I find close to impossible. I'm really looking forward to the adding of the violin. If everything plays out like it should, this should be the most immense album in the history of music to date. I'll probably listen to it the entire day it's released.

A cover of Zombie Ritual with goblin lyrics, keyboards and a violin would be pretty awesome.

Gah, I'm just a sucker for covers. If this comes out in 2008, it's playing out to be one hell of a year for releases. Dystopia, Nekrogoblikon, Alestorm, Testament, (possibly) Skyclad. And these are albums I actually want to own so I better get some money.