Contacting Mike

Thared33

Aug 16, 2002
I've got an important question for Mike. I looked for an email address but didn't find one. How should I contact him?

I just noticed that... I don't visit here often but now I know! Ok here goes.

Mike, if you had to do it over again, would you hide yourself a bit more for privacy reasons? What I mean is bias in people and maybe taking on anonymity to counter that. People are treated very differently when they've got some kind of fame or notoriety. Michael Jackson said that if he could do it over, he'd do it without the fame. We all need sincerity in others and I don't imagine having a bit of fame would help that. I'm talking mostly on a personal level, dealing with people such as friends, and girls (I know you're married but you know what I mean).

It'd be interesting to hear your take because both ways seem to have their ups and downs.

I think most celebrities are bullshittin about disliking being famous. Take Britney for example. she did a ripoff of the old Michael Jackson album (the entire theme of it was saying how sorry people should feel about her cause she has no privacy and the media is so cruel!), but in fact she chose to make her carreer that way. I don't think it's a coincidence that she or Paris Hilton is in the papers everyday, as that's the way they are making money. I also don't think that it was a coincidence that their "sex-tapes" got out to public.

Now I realised.. I have no idea why I wrote this.

I don't think we'll get any reply with that question. I was expecting something more... significant, or something more "important" like the title above seems to describe. Let me remind you that Mikael indeed visits this place but cannot answer every little questions like this. And he's rarely here, you need to be quite lucky to catch him and be here all the time (like I do).

And I don't think Mr. Akerfeldt have that much problems with privacy, unlike what Mr. Jackson had to live. Sure, he's famous somehow but it's not getting extraordinarily huge and over his head. On the contrary, being a new metal band I'd be happy if the world knew about what I do. In this domain, gaining popularity is sure useful but all that really matters is the art of music. Privacy issues are for Hollywood.

Nah. I'm probably going to contact him on myspace or something. It's a very important, personal question for me.