Contagion

painted man

Every thought every dream
Dec 3, 2002
Indiana, USA
www.clivenolan.net
Hello everyone,

thought I would drop a note and tell you all that you will love the new album. It's Arena's best yet. I believe they have finally perfected their craft. I would liken the new album as a nice cross between the "Visitor" and "Immortal?". It would easily have been my favorite album of 2002, if only it came out this year! Anyway, hello to anyone on this list which is on "The Cry" list.

To check out my Arena site ArenaDrome
go to
http://www.progscape.com/~thecry

or visit the official site of Clive
http://www.clivenolan.net

Originally posted by Demonspell
I heard two more tracks from the album yesterday. Salamander possesses the same haunting keyboard textures found throughout Immortal, while Cutting The Cards is a heavier track beginning with a great acoustic intro.

Sounds great... I can't wait!

Hi everyone, first post!

I've been an Arena fan for about a year now and I love what they are putting out. Arena could easily appeal for the bigger crowd, in my opinion, especially in Scandinavia and Germany where there's a fan-base for heavier music and the "gothic" -genre (I know, Arena is not a gothic band). Their albums are so well crafted, excellent production, melodies, musicianship and artwork.

About Contagion...if the two new tracks represent what's on the album, then we're in for a treat! Mr. Sowden's vocals sound very good on these tracks, he was slightly over-dramatic on Immortal.

P.S. Please come to Finland on the next tour!

I agree with jadis12.
I prefer "Spectre At The Feast" over "Painted Man" also (for the moment, that is), yet I bet, that once I get my hands on "Contagion", I won't be able to decide... as ususal.

Anyway, I'm sure that "Contagion" will be a wonderful album, nonetheless.
Can't wait.

Hi there!

I just downloaded the two songs available on the official homepage, and they are both excellent! I'm really looking forward to get the new album, I'm sure it will be an amazing piece of work. Both songs are very atmoshperic with a lot of tension ,and Clive Nolan's keyboards are as bombastic as they used to be.

Arena will always have a special place in my heart cause it was the band that made me discover prog. A friend invited me to an Arena concert about 3 years ago, and I got right infected with the virus... ;) I'll see them again next year in April, only 3 days after Symphony X at the same place!! That will be a great week I gues... :D

Well, I think everybody knows that Contagion ist online....

The songs are great, really. But not so good as on earlier CDs..

Maybe this will be one of the rare CDs I will have to hear at least 50 times, till I will find the imagination of Contagion.....

PS: Sorry for my english!
Crazy that everybody can download the CD 3 weeks before the official release date ......