Contagion

Choura

New Metal Member
Jan 24, 2003
Amsterdam
Visit site
Just wanting to let Clive, Mick, John, Ian and Rob know that I think their new album is STUNNING. IT'S JUST FABULOUS!! It has already become overall one of my very favourite albums.

After having listened to the promo for many times now and having received my real copy from The Cage (thanks, Marcel and Marcel!!), I can say that indeed one has to listen to this complex album a few times first (use headphones and don't let anyone disturb you while listening!). As soon as you get to recognize the countless catchy melodies, the wonderful tapestry of keyboards, the many stunning guitarsolo's, Rob's singing giving you goose pimples all over, the beautiful arrangements and turnovers to next songs, the fantastic basslines (Wow, Ian!) and drumming (Mick, this is better than ever!!) and the just overwhelming grand finale in Ascension (only misses a guitarsolo in it), any fan of progrock will just adore this great album. Yes, The Visitor is hugely impressive and most of you will agree that album to be their best so far (nothing wrong with Immortal? by the way, that's a brilliant album as well), but after getting to know this album, I am sure many of you will find this one even better. It's again a big masterpiece, chaps!

I hope that this album will get some more airplay. Arena deserves to get far more widely known and broaden their success.

Great, great, great, great, what do I need to say more! Thanks, you lot at Shutterfield Oaks!

Can't wait to see and hear you live soon!

Cheers,
Number one