Continuing Dave

I see your point on this one silent song, Darth Kur is acting like a christian who wishes to convert you.

Your beliefs--no matter how idiotic--do not bother me as long as you are smart enough not to preach them to me. Lets argue the beliefs themselves for god sakes.

Think of me as a physician and religion is the disease. I'm just trying to rid the world of a horrible plague.

Speed, you wound me deeply by referring to me with such a vile insult.
If you knew someone that had a terminal disease and you had the chance to try and rid them of it wouldn't you make the attempt?

yeah sorry about that DarthKur I was a bit harsh. I just dont care to help them. Let em die of the disease. We are not Christians here, i am not attempting to convert anyone, just argue how fucking idiotic they are. Religion serves a purpose that I suppose we dont need Darth Kur.

Darth Kur said:
Think of me as a physician and religion is the disease. I'm just trying to rid the world of a horrible plague.

If you knew someone that had a terminal disease and you had the chance to try and rid them of it wouldn't you make the attempt?

haha, a better analogy would be freeing the slaves from bondage

Darth Kur said:

it is only a plague in your eyes. you and your ways are a plague in mine. however, instead of forcing my beliefs of christianity upon you in a violent and belligerant fashion, i simply defend my own thoughts and enjoy debating other philosophies.

you are indeed no differen than a crusader, only flying a different banner.

Gallantry over Docility said:
I don't think Christianity has made people just passively wait for a saviour, if anything it's made them more desperate to do good, it's just that what's considered good by Christianity is things like "selflessness" and "equality" which are opposed to survival and evolution.
Exactly.

Darth........
If I told you I was Christian (wich I am not) and you said that I had a plague (along with 3 billion other people) that I needed to get rid of, I would completely lose it. I think your being pretty unreasonable by not accepting (accepting not practicing) his views, and leaving it at that. And, I think its pretty bad that you're referring to his religion as a "plague". Thats like calling an ethnicity a threat to your health. In the end, is SilentSong's religion going to affect your health, your beliefs, your life, as long as you don't provoke him? Sure your veteran eyes may have a reason to infer that Christianity is a hazard to your health, and if there are any instaces, please share them with me.
P.S. I know thousands have been killed in the name of Christianity, but that was farther back and in the past, and Christianity is much diferrent now than it was 1000 years ago.
-Zack

if i may add it is percieved differently now than it was 2000 years ago, more in the sense of the crusades and evangelist TV shows. that isn't a correct representation.

in reality it is the same as it originally was, but many have chosen to distort its message for their own purposes.

TaylorC said:
Darth Kur, you crack me up. Still, it's hard to take you seriously sometimes with that avatar you pulled straight from that Age of Mythology game.

I'm so glad that I can bring such joy to your life. As for my avatar, when I stole it off someone else on some other board I had no clue it was linked to any sort of game, video or otherwise. I had to have someone tell me, on yet another board, about it. I looked it up and yep, there it was. Still a cool picture. The only video games I ever indulge in are very old. Think Atari and Intellivision. These new fangled games give me motion sickness so I couldn't play them even if I wanted to.

hatecrewdroll said:
...referring to his religion as a "plague". Thats like calling an ethnicity a threat to your health. ...-Zack

Funny you should mention that. You say that like it's not at all feasible. Think back to the ones that created all this trash. They're still causing endless problems to this day. Just turn on the TV and it'll be all too apparent.

Christ on a fucking donkey dick, it's NOT all about your stupid religion! That's not the point I was making. If you would've done that search I suggested on the other thread you'd know. And use whatever damn search engine you want ya friggen asshat.

what is the point you were making then? you don't seem to be making many coherent points.

you said "think back to the ones that created" i assume you mean religious founders. since you were referring to the "plague" you believe religion to be. the only religion loosely aligned with what is prevelant on TV is satanism, and that isn't even a real religion but more a philosophy.

you still haven't brought anythint to the table to contradict me in any way other than your vain insults.