Control Denied tone

If you are just playing it in your room you will never ever represent a tone which is on an album.

The acoustics of the room will always come into play, i mean like in some areas of your room you will probably find that their is a dramatic bass boost. This may cause it to sound boomy.

For the Control Denied album both Carvins, fretted and fretless BB75s were used through an Ampeg amp and some easy preamps for the direct sounds. A bit more midrange than the Death albums, a little cleaner than the Sadus stuff and kinda close to the Vintersorg setting for the bass. It's really simple, I always keep it simple. Just try and get the sound of the bass with the least amount of electronics. And yes...it's all in the fingers!

Higon said:
HMMMMm..... Yes, but your Carvin and your Ampeg have a little contribution... I said that to my bass, but it's still sounding like crap. =P

But you do play with a pick, you asshole!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you do play with a pick, you asshole!!

Nah, I'm playing just finger picking now, pretty fast let me tell ya, but I can't keep for a long time, so for some musics I have to use a pick, but this will end soon =P

I play with both, and my fingers are only slightly slower than the pick. I'd rather be versatile about it, 'cause even in some slow songs (like Patsy Cline's "Crazy"), you have to use a pick to get the sound right. Yep, I don't do metal all day. :)