Control Denied

JohnDoe04

New Metal Member
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
"Karmageddon Media have set March 22nd as the release date for CONTROL DENIED’s upcoming album of unfinished recordings by the late DEATH legend Chuck Schuldiner. The recordings, which are only 75% complete, were recorded by Jim Morris at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, FA

The album (originally titled When Machine and Man Collide) also features bassist Steve DiGiorgio, vocalist Tim Aymar, guitarist Shannon Hamm, and drummer Richard Christy. . . ."

Saw this on BWBK. I'm wondering how accurate it is. And if it is accurate, I know some of you computer wizards have likely heard some of it already. So kindly spill the beans if anyone has any further info regarding this.

Fuck Karmageddon for releasing it this way. They are dishonoring Chucks memory by trying to make a quick buck out of an incomplete recording. If they only could let them (the rest of control denied) finish it first, it would sell more and make the company (Karmageddon) more money in the long run.

JohnDoe04 said:
"Karmageddon Media have set March 22nd as the release date for CONTROL DENIED’s upcoming album of unfinished recordings by the late DEATH legend Chuck Schuldiner. The recordings, which are only 75% complete, were recorded by Jim Morris at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, FA

The album (originally titled When Machine and Man Collide) also features bassist Steve DiGiorgio, vocalist Tim Aymar, guitarist Shannon Hamm, and drummer Richard Christy. . . ."

Saw this on BWBK. I'm wondering how accurate it is. And if it is accurate, I know some of you computer wizards have likely heard some of it already. So kindly spill the beans if anyone has any further info regarding this.

i don't get it...how is it 75% complete?

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17304
HippieOfDoom said:
From a band member point of view, we want to do it. We're ready to. Chuck wanted us to finish it...we will. But I guess there's label stuff, contract stuff, lawyer stuff, money, rights...all kinds of stuff I can't control right now (irony..?). So I wait until I'm needed, listening to the preproduction cd he sent me last year. It's good stuff. Musically more like the follow up to Sound... than Fragile...
But as of right now, nobody is recording anything. The drums are the only thing done. Chuck finished a lot of the guitar before he passed away, how much - I don't know, I haven't heard anything past the preproduction. Shannon has work to do, Tim has all the vocals to do, I have all the bass to do and Jim has to mix it all. But it's not being worked on until we get the go ahead from his Mom and sister, who are in possession of the album currently.

dude, if his family is mad at the company for releasing. I will gladly take it for free from them. Chuck Rules! and if they ever do complete it I will gladly buy the album as well.

half assed shit is not representative of Chuck the man, the king. but I"m curious enough to get my hands on it..just to see what chuck was up to musicially in his last days. It will be interesting to hear.