CONTROL DENIED news, can anyone else elaborate/have any info?

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I saw this on www.hardradio.com and was wondering if anyone else had any info. On www.emptywords.org , it says something about the next CONTROL DENIED album being available for free download. Here's the news:

As previously reported, Karmageddon Media have set March 22nd as the release date for CONTROL DENIED's upcoming album of unfinished recordings by the late Death legend Chuck Schuldiner. The recordings, which are only 75% complete, were recorded by Jim Morris at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, FA. The album (originally titled When Machine and Man Collide) also features bassist Steve DiGiorgio, vocalist Tim Aymar, guitarist Shannon Hamm, and drummer Richard Christy.

Any information is appreciated. CHEERS.

hmmm...I didn't read anything on emptywords about the Control Denied album...if it's not there it isn't really official then.
On another note,
any demo material of Chuck's music released by Karmageddon will be put on emptywords for free download!

ZANEX said:
I saw this on www.hardradio.com and was wondering if anyone else had any info. On www.emptywords.org , it says something about the next CONTROL DENIED album being available for free download. Here's the news:

As previously reported, Karmageddon Media have set March 22nd as the release date for CONTROL DENIED's upcoming album of unfinished recordings by the late Death legend Chuck Schuldiner. The recordings, which are only 75% complete, were recorded by Jim Morris at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, FA. The album (originally titled When Machine and Man Collide) also features bassist Steve DiGiorgio, vocalist Tim Aymar, guitarist Shannon Hamm, and drummer Richard Christy.

Any information is appreciated. CHEERS.

The contract (I think, I could be wrong) was that the music would be finished, then released. It wasn't finished, and Jane Shuldiner takes offense to any of her sons work being released incomplete. So, she'll offer it for FREE rather than rip fans off for work that wasn't completed...or is considered substandard because it's not done. Shame the rest of the guys weren't able to finish the recording the way that they wanted to do it.

Not sure who did what, but I'm under the impression that Karmegeddon didn't live up to their end of the bargain. Like I said, could be wrong. Pure speculation on my part.

Are they just releasing the demos and be done with it, or will they have and demos and still complete the album at a later date?

metal17 said:
hmmm...I didn't read anything on emptywords about the Control Denied album...if it's not there it isn't really official then.
On another note,
any demo material of Chuck's music released by Karmageddon will be put on emptywords for free download!

it has been released: http://www.karmageddonmedia.com/catalogue/karma021.htm

you can buy it here: www.plastichead.com

it's 11 pounds, and with shipping to the states comes out to over $20.

why hasn't it been put on emptywords? either jane is full of shit, or the distribution is so crappy that maybe three people will actually buy the demo (so emptywords figured it wasn't worth it). i'm sure that karmaggedon could sue anyone that puts stuff on the web like that. so that's a reason why it's not there. but jane saying that it will be available for free if released, and here we are in april, the demos have been released on march 22, and they're not up for free download on emptywords--this to me means she's full of shit and i won't trust another word she ever says.

i find it funny how most people say it'll be up on the web for free just because chuck's mom said so.

here's the record company's side of the story: http://archive.unearthed.com/?news,2003,11,0000024621

bottom line: if the record company could release the demos with no legal trouble (and they wouldn't release it if they could get sued, because there would be no point in doing that), they're in the right.