Converters or Room Treatment?

Is this for you personally or for something you do as a business?

If its personal, and you just want to be able to capture great sounds, go for treatment.

If you want to be proud that you captured a beautiful drum kit or help hear your mixes more accurately, treatment.

If its for business, consider what your goal is and what you are competing against.

If it business and Joe blow has clients lined up for his pro sound which consists of all drum samples and amp simulations, it will be hard to compete with that.

Sad truth is that no one wants to have crappy drum or guitar sounds on their demo because you are trying to perfect your craft at capturing natural sounds in a treated room that costs a thousand dollars when their friends band just got a killer sound that came from Slate Drums and POD Farm for a couple hundred dollars.

Guess it just depends on what your goal is.

Is this for you personally or for something you do as a business?

If its personal, and you just want to be able to capture great sounds, go for treatment.

If you want to be proud that you captured a beautiful drum kit or help hear your mixes more accurately, treatment.

If its for business, consider what your goal is and what you are competing against.

If it business and Joe blow has clients lined up for his pro sound which consists of all drum samples and amp simulations, it will be hard to compete with that.

Sad truth is that no one wants to have crappy drum or guitar sounds on their demo because you are trying to perfect your craft at capturing natural sounds in a treated room that costs a thousand dollars when their friends band just got a killer sound that came from Slate Drums and POD Farm for a couple hundred dollars.

Guess it just depends on what your goal is.

Both personal and business (I am a hobbyist but I get paid on projects as well) -- not full time. My goal is to sound as good as possible for a bedroom/portable studio.

http://www.blacklionaudio.com/content.php?p=38

the premium mod is suppose to put it on par with apogee stuff. might not be what you want to do but its worth checking out and seeing what other people have to say about it

^Thanks! I wanted to get the 001 modded from black lion but they no longer do that mod. I didn't even think about the behringer mod. That is a killer idea. I'll look into it.