Cool info on Neurosis drumrecording!

I had never heard of that mic schema being called the Kentucky triangle, or some variant of that. Very cool info man! I have been doing the same thing for a few years now with Coles mics. On the Times of Grace tour, my band opened for them in Flint, MI, and I was amazed at how the drums sounded exactly like they did on the album. I had never heard anything quite like that, because at the time I was into more processed drum sounds. That night was a big influence on changing around my style of recording.

Wouldn't you run into phasing issues with those wall mics spread from each other that distance?

http://www.wikirecording.org/3_to_1_Rule

No, not at all.

Saw them last saterday, and allthough i was allready getting into the less processed drums because of my The Eye Of Every Storm/steve albini productions addiction this was the last blow hahaha, like you said, drums sounded just like on the record, even better maybe! best show ever sound and musicwise for sure.

And i never heard about the technique before, but hey.. it works for steve, it shoudl work for us right?

Of course there will be phase difference. The conventional AB micing technique is about phase difference as a part of the stereo imaging.
It's not always an issue.