Cool Song Videos

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Has anyone seen the new video for Coldplay's "The Scientist"? WOW.

It's essentially a short storyline that's shown backwards (or in 'reverse'), but all the singing is normal (moving in the opposite direction, or 'forwards'). I can't figure out how they do that concurrently, unless he lip synched the vocals backwards....so when they reversed the entire footage, it appeared that he was singing normally. Pretty difficult to explain if you haven't seen it, heh.

It's a depressing storyline and twist at the end....and the song itself is brilliant. Very good band indeed.

Some videos can be pretty clever or funny. Sometimes they can be like mini-movies. Care to share any good ones from over the years? :)

:Spin:

Sometime told me about that video...it sounds very clever indeed, and the twist is lovely. However that same person played me the song shortly after, and it bored me to tears :p

If I had to name cool music videos...well, I guess there's no prizes for originality! :D

Accept - Balls To The Wall
Electric Six - Gay Bar (I forced me mum and grandmummy to sit through this the other week, very amusing... :cool: )
Hammerfall - Renegade
Judas Priest - Breaking The Law, Hot Rockin'
Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock, We're Not Gonna Take It

You know which ones were picked for simple alt schule Metal entertainment value....I don't think I'll ever forget the headbangers in Balls To The Wall ^_^

Judas Priest - Breaking The Law

Hehehe...when they break into the bank and use their guitars instead of guns....and the music's so loud, the bank tellers glasses crack...hehehe.

Britney Spears videos rule - it's like getting a free lap dance.

That Accept video is hilarious, the only time I've seen it was on Beavis and Butthead, and when the singer came out Butthead said "uhh... do you have a backstage pass, sir?" Hilarious.

I love Tool and Nine Inch Nails videos, any others I have seen just weren't very impressive. Even some band video DVDs I own I only watch once, I should really rent them instead.

That Coldplay video sounds like the movie Memento, I must recommend it to anyone in the mood for a good mindfuck. :)

NAD said:
That Coldplay video sounds like the movie Memento, I must recommend it to anyone in the mood for a good mindfuck. :)

Yeah except the motion of all the people in the video is literally backwards. Memento offers that in the storyline. What a great movie - especially in the way that Matrix bitch manipulates him....