TV Shows With Metal Music Videos

sonofhendrix13

some loser
Jul 1, 2004
Gloucester, MA
Are there such a thing? Ive taken a look at a couple but most of them suck ass. Metal is definately not tv friendly. So im wondering if anyone knows if there are any that dont come on basic cable or that are on hbo, etc. Im kind of doubting there are.

Ive seen three on mainstream tv but they pretty suck pretty bad.

On FUSE ive seen Uranium. It was almost all nu-metal and therefore sucked ass.

On MTV2 ive seen Headbangers Ball. It had a few pretty good videos but most of them were metalcore and they therefore sucked ass as well.

On VH1 ive seen metal mania. It had some pretty nice 80's metal videos. However, i wouldnt consider most of the bands on it metal.

Since metal is not a very mainstream genre im seriously doubting there are any shows with good metal videos. But if there are any not on mainstream cable please tell me.

sonofhendrix13 said:
On VH1 ive seen metal mania. It had some pretty nice 80's metal videos. However, i wouldnt consider most of the bands on it metal.

Best one on TV right now. For every Poison video, you get Metal Church, and for every Motley Crue video, you get Iron Maiden.

I think that you summed it up pretty well. If I had to rank the shows, it would be Headbanger's Ball>Uranium>Metal Mania. Uranium would be better if they played more videos as opposed to talking to a band for most of the show. Metal Mania is fine I guess, but that's not really my taste in metal. Unfortunately it seems like MM and HB usually run opposite to each other.

They just played Riot - Bloodstreets on Metal Mania.

Yeah, Metal Mania owns those other shitfests so much that it isn't even funny.

I remember, there was a Uranium Classics before, but they got rid of it because people who regularly watch Uranium are fags in the first place. I caught it once, and they played Korn and Soundgarden, but also played Kreator and Savatage.

Here there's a show called Friday Rock Videos which means two hours of Van Halen, Warrant and Mötley Crüe to see Run To the Hills. And Inner Self one time.