Metal TV shows

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
There are only 3 that I know of.

Headbangers Ball on MTV2. Comming from MTV2, you might think that all they play is nu-metal, but suprisingly, they dont.

Uranium on FUSE. For the most part, this show blows. From time to time, they play some good stuff, but not often. Also, that girl that hosts it thinks Six Feet Under is "as death metal as it gets". What the fuck?

Metal Mania on VH1 Classic. This is a fairly good show. Good classic metal. Last time I watched they played Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Testament, Danzig, and King Diamond.

Do any of you watch any of these? Are there any other metal shows on TV?

I don't know any others, some areas like here have a metal channel if you have the digital cable(over 500 channels!) package. I don't have it but i know friends who do. But so far what i've seen on the channel is:

Nightrage
Children of Bodom
Killswitch Engage
In Flames
Meshuggah
Blindside

More a mix of mainstream metal, metalcore, and hardcore bands, but they sometimes will play Opeth, who are still mainstream but more people in the metal community actually have respect for opeth. Them and Children of Bodom and nightrage at least. But i shouldn't be talking, besides Opeth, Arch Enemy, and CoB i don't really like melodic death metal =/

I try and check out Headbangers Ball whenever I'm around on Saturdays. They play some surprisingly good videos most of the time. Fuse blows.

On comcast digital cable they have one of their 'metal' channels on MUSIC CHOICE or whatever that actually plays some good stuff. Quite a bit of death metal, some bands like Opeth, etc. It makes for decent background if you're doing something else. That channel plays stuff months before its released too.

edit: Shadow beat me to it about music choice

Eh, back when I actually watched TV, I'd usually check Uranium after school while I fixed myself lunch to see if they'd play anything good. They usually play shit, trendy melodic euro shit or, sometimes, but rarely, a cool video. They played Ministry on there, aside from that and an Arch Enemy video I can't think of anything else I ever saw on there I thought was worth watching.

MTV2 I'd flip to if Uranium was playing shit, and often they'd play shit, but sometimes they'd play something good too, but even more rarely.

VH1 is pretty cool. Quiet Riot, Metallica....decent stuff. Nothing you couldn't go download on Kazaa, but they stilll play a few tunes you've forgotten about over the years.

As I stated earlier, I watch TV for less than an hour a month now, so what they play on these channels doesn't really concern me. Out of what I saw, VH1 was the best though. They usually played older material though, that's the only bad thing.