Coolest cover !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I would like to name one ya'll have heard, but I can't (probably.) From a Scorpions tribute, Avalon (German melodic prog band) did a cover of "Alien Nation" and it makes the Scorps version sound horrible. The bad thing is that they played it pretty much Scorps style and I love The Scorps, but Chity's voice just kicked with that song.

Bryant

Since we have done colds/flu Dr. Bryant (Dr. Idiot more like it) and Civil war threads here, why don't one of us, get the balls to ask the site to make a special non-music section for our little group ? It wouldn't hurt to ask.

I nominate... Sixx !!!!

Bryant

Bryant said:
Since we have done colds/flu Dr. Bryant (Dr. Idiot more like it) and Civil war threads here, why don't one of us, get the balls to ask the site to make a special non-music section for our little group ? It wouldn't hurt to ask.

I nominate... Sixx !!!!

Bryant
i'll second that-its all up to you oh master swine!!! :worship: :D

Breaker did a cover of 'Pictured Life' (Scorpions) that also kick ass. I have to nominate also Heavens Gate cover of 'The Sentinel' (Judas Priest) and Mesmerize cover of 'D'Auillers' (Sortilege).

I suppose no one here likes Sonata Arctica cover of 'Still Loving You'...:p

Overkill's version of The Dead Boys'(New York Punk band) "Sonic Reducer" just slays. It's so cool! I know there's more, but that one is just off the top of my head.

I can't believe no one said anything about Blind Guardian's cover of "Mr. Sandman"

j/k

There are soo many great covers out there it's hard to think of one, but the few that come to mind immediatly (I can't spell for shit) are Blind Guardian's covers of "Beyond The Realms of Death" and "Don't Talk to Strangers" and I can't forget Metallica's "Mercyful Fate Medley"

A few I can think of off the top of my head are....

Shotgun Messiah - Babylon ( New York Dolls)
Backyard Babies - Babylon ( Faster Pussycat )
Sweet Savage - Fox On The Run ( Sweet )
Hardline - Hot Cherie ( Danny Spanus)
Anthrax - Got The Time ( Joe Jackson )
Gemini Five - Spin Me Round Like A Record ( Dead Or Alive )
Hellacopters - Speedfreak ( Motorhead )

plan13 said:
Sweet Savage - Fox On The Run ( Sweet )

I liked the version Girlschool did of that song.

How about Wrathchild's cover of Time (Pink Floyd). They also used to play Re-Ignition (Bad Brains) live, love that song! I think they recorded it for an ep aftr they changd their name to Souls At Zero.

Oh yeah... forgot about themmm.

They did a good version of I Against I (Bad Brains) on that Six-T-Six ep!!!

and let's not forget their classic version of Slave To My Dick (The Sub Humans) that they always did live.

top five of truly amazing covers :
Heir Apparent - Sound Of Silence (Simon n Garfunkel)
Depressive Age - Small Town Boy (an 80s disco band)
Queensryche - Gonna Get Close To You (Lisa .. something)
Psychotic Waltz - Diary Of A Madman (Ozzy)
Nevermore - Silent Hedges/Double Dare (Bauhaus)

Psychonaut said:
"Alien Nation" was one of the last good Scorpion songs IMO. That one would make a cool song to cover.
You definitely should check out that cover if you like that song. I have a clip of it (decent size and quality,) but I have never burned an MP3 of the song.

The clip is available from Avalon's former vocalist's website (along with a bunch of other clips.)

http://www.somapala.de

Bryant

Blind Guardian's covers of "Beyond The Realms of Death" and "Don't Talk to Strangers" and I can't forget Metallica's "Mercyful Fate Medley

I didn't know Blind Guardian did "Don't Talk to Strangers." That is my favorite Dio song and one of my all-time favorite songsw. I'll have to check that out.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I didn't know Blind Guardian did "Don't Talk to Strangers." That is my favorite Dio song and one of my all-time favorite songsw. I'll have to check that out.

Bryant
I checked out where that cover came from. t was that two CD Dio tribute "Holy DIo" and I have heard several songs from that tribute. That is a pretty kick-ass CD for a tribute (which I am not normally a fan of) as I guess Century Media picked some of their best artists and a couple like Yngwie that aren't part of Century Media to make that one. There are some pretty good artists on that one. The Angel Dust "Temple of the King" is on their "Bleed" re-release and is pretty damned good.

Bryant

Bryant said:

I nominate... Sixx !!!!

Bryant

What would work Better is if we all did it as a group if we all message Mark at once it would have much more impact :)

Wyvern said:
Breaker did a cover of 'Pictured Life' (Scorpions) that also kick ass.
Firewind did an even better cover of "Pictured Life" IMO :)

some of my fave covers :
Gamma Ray : Heavy Metal Mania (Holocaust)
Thin Lizzy : Whiskey in the Jar (traditional)
Scanner : Innuendo (Queen)
Deliverance : Sanctuary (?)
Sepultura : Orgasmatron (Motorhead)
Death : Painkiller (Judas Priest)
Killers : L'Aigle Noir (Barbara)
Judas Priest : Diamonds and Rust (Joan Baez)
Godgory : Princess of the Dawn (Accept)
Heaven's Gate : Always Look at the Bright Side of Life (Monthys Python)
Agent Steel : Dark Lady (Scorpions)
Rage : Jawbreaker (Judas Priest)
Vicious Rumors : Paint it Black (Rolling Stones)
Rage : Paint in Black (Rolling Stones)
Hammerfall : Man on the Silver Mountain (Rainbow)
Angel Dust : Temple of the King (Rainbow)
Slayer : I Hate You (?)
Metalium : Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple)

Raven's cover of Hellraiser/Action is maybe the best cover I ever heard. Raven are a kick ass band. The best live band there is!!

Pantera - Planet Caravan
Pantera - Electric Funeral
Megadeth - Paranoid
Solitude Aeturnus - Heaven and Hell
Solitude Aeturnus - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Exhorder - Into the Void
Death Angel - Cold Gin
Flotsam and Jetsam - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
Flotsam and Jetsam - Fairies Wear Boots
Forbidden - Victim of Changes (live)
Nevermore - The Sound of Silence
Sanctuary - White Rabbit
Reverend - Hand of Doom
Monument - Spiritual Void (Alright, so I'm a bit biased on this one)