Coroner - Grin (Cover/ Recabinet 4)

I heard it when I was Soloing the Vocals. Some of them are pretty fast faded Out.

I think I am done with Editing and Stuff and can start to Mix.

Hopefully I won't dislike my Mix too much when I am done.

Heavy Greetz

Go for it man, it's all a process !

Cheers
Than

Go for it man, it's all a process !

Cheers
Than

Here is my Shot:

I think it's not bad but also not good. I always struggle with the Mix I think. Sounds are all ok and I can hear everything but I always think there's something missing to glue it all together.

Heavy Greetz

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like the raw tracks please

PM'd

Here is my Shot:

https://soundcloud.com/mixingpractice-1/ogrego-grin

I think it's not bad but also not good. I always struggle with the Mix I think. Sounds are all ok and I can hear everything but I always think there's something missing to glue it all together.

Heavy Greetz

The mix is good dude, it's your approach! A more natural drum sound with a much more aggressive guitar sound than what I used.

If you find it lacks "glue", maybe you've overused eq to glue together sounds that did not have some kind of balance between them from the beginning ? Just an idea, I could be dead wrong.

PM'd

The mix is good dude, it's your approach! A more natural drum sound with a much more aggressive guitar sound than what I used.

If you find it lacks "glue", maybe you've overused eq to glue together sounds that did not have some kind of balance between them from the beginning ? Just an idea, I could be dead wrong.

You could be right Eqing wise. I tend to spend too much time in getting Tones. Maybe I focus too much on how each element sounds on its own.

Your and Gregor's Guitar seem to sound much wider in Space then Mine.

Heavy Greetz

You could be right Eqing wise. I tend to spend too much time in getting Tones. Maybe I focus too much on how each element sounds on its own.

Your and Gregor's Guitar seem to sound much wider in Space then Mine.

Heavy Greetz

I haven't used any spatial manipulation so what does that say ? The
mere choice of guitar sound makes a hell of a difference. I found that out a long time ago, when people disapproved of me spending hard earned money on amps and cabs. Quite a few alternatives out there nowadays. What do you use ?

I haven't used any spatial manipulation so what does that say ? The
mere choice of guitar sound makes a hell of a difference. I found that out a long time ago, when people disapproved of me spending hard earned money on amps and cabs. Quite a few alternatives out there nowadays. What do you use ?

As I started out I also tried a lot of Stuff to make Guitars wider. Like the Stereo Widener in Cubase or the One from Ozone.
What works best for me is always play everything twice and pan them hard left and right. I gues my Problem is still eqing each element so that it get's it's own space in the Mix.

In the Beginning I used things like Guitar Rig, Amplitube or LePou. But the only thing I was ever a little bit happy with was the Van51 from Guitar Rig5.
I sticked with this a long time before I got a real Engl Thunderhead with a 4x12. I also miced this thing a lot and it wasn't bad.
But I liked to have more Options so I got a Kemper Rack and that's the Thing for me. You can find lot's and lot's of good Profiles for free. Much cheaper than buying all the Good Heads and Cabs.

Heavy Greetz