Corporate Venue Names

Edward Jones Dome (used to be TWA Dome)
UMB Bank Pavilion (used to be Riverport Ampitheatre)
Savvis Center (used to be Kiel Center)
Busch Stadium, although technically it is named for the Busch family and not the beer

Toronto has the Air Canda Centre for the Raptors and the Leafs, and also the Molson Amphitheatre for outdoor concerts, where I almost saw Anthrax until the Motley dolts dumped them from the minimum rock tour.

I'm suprised that athletes haven't given in to corporate pressure and changed their names yet...I can just see it "Bud Weiser takes the pass from Ford Ranger. He passes to Jack Daniels who drains the three-pointer!!!"

Doesn't surprise me that the sound was shitty, the place wasn't built for that. Colangelo swore up and down that nothing but baseball would ever be there, but then I think someone showed him some dollar signs and he was like "ooohhh sounds good to me!!" I forgot all about that concert. I didn't go to that one either, I'm so lame. I believe I was still traumatized from what happened to me at Lollapalooza to even consider leaving the house. I also remember Ozzy did a New Year's Evil show, it was the first concert ever. I *think* it was a Black Sabbath reunion thing. I missed that one too. What can I say, I suck. :rolleyes:

As for teams sharing, the Cardinals are using ASU's stadium, the funniest part is that ASU sells out every game and Cardinals don't come close. That's why their home games are almost always blacked out, cause you can still buy tickets. Once the new stadium is up, they'll probably sell out the first season cause everyone is gonna want to go down there and see it like they did with BOB. Did I also mention that they're putting a mall around the stadium too? And a hotel. And of course parking for the circus they're building. The only time they sell out is when the Redskins or Cowboys are here. AWA is shared by the Suns, Coyotes, Rattlers (arena football) and Thunder (soccer). The seats are purple. :puke:

Of course Colangelo is going to listen to the money talk. The D'Backs had to take out loans from Major League Baseball to make their payroll the last couple years. They're bleeding in red ink. I'm sure the World Series Championship will help, but they were in some deep financial shit, and still may be. I'm sure you hear more about it than I do here in California.

Coop