corpsepaint

Originally posted by svenske kocken
Why? Corpsepaint is pathetic. Even more pathetic than Manowars leather clothes.

First of all.. Nothing ia more pathetic than Manowars leatherclose!!!

Second, corpsepaint isn´t just corpsepaint... Some are using it to cover their soul.. To get possessed by their inner qualities and/or demons. Aspects you´ll never get advantage of, when you judge like that, and really think people looks silly (in your oppinion) for no damn reason.. When you are "possessed", you become more focused and powerfull... The same with facial paintings in warrior tribes... A ceremony for the spirits and your soul..

Besides; it looks evil and creates atmosphere according to blackmetal... It´s almost art...

~UlvedaL~

We decked out in paint last year for our haloween show. its fun and it makes you perform a bit differnt. its cool. here are some pics.
03.jpg

26.jpg

Corpsepaint of halloween, that's cool...

For an everyday gimmick?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

I'm sorry, not brutal enough to wear facepaint? hahahaha

If you want to do it, that's fine... be prepared to be egged... but if that's what you believe in, then by all means, get the powder puffy and mascara out!

......Try going to a local joke shop or fancy dress shop, they should sell SNAZAROO water based face make-up, its what the professionals wear. Its a little expensive but gives good results spend a little time applying it and you won't look lame.

Nothing wrong with wearing corpsepaint, it seems a lot of people here are very dull and dour

1) Corpsepaint, who cares about that? As long as the music is good.

2) Would you rather see Manowar naked or something?

1) You´re right. Music first. But I still think corpsepaint (and most image gimmicks as well (Manowar, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, all nu metal bands) is silly.

2) Yes I would. Oh, Joey DeMaio is so hot! He´s babylicious.

Some corpse paint looks kind of scary, which it should be, but some just look ridicilous, like the back cover on Grimoire's "Requiem for the light". It looks even more ridicilous when the guy next to the two guys with corpse paint has sunglasses on and short "fancy" hair.
Examples of succesfull corpse paint in my opinion is the ones on Dark Funeral's "Secrets of the black arts" and Frost from Satyricon in the sleeve of "The shadowthrone". Another great Frost corpse paint is from the Zyklon B ep. I tried to attatch the picture, so you should be able to see it here or else go to http://www.telia.lv/~witchcraft/zyklon-b/frost.jpg His corpse paint on "Rebel extravaganza" is pretty wack in my opinion. It's not the greates on "Nemesis Divina" either.
frost.jpg