Glam Metal

Gonna give mention to Steelheart too, although you'll probably debate too if they're Glam Metal or not. Either way they're amazing and very underrated. Michael Matijevic is up there with the very best singers I've heard.

Dokken's 80s material is good and so is Motley Crue's first two albums. A lot of glam bands started out good but went to shit imo.

Perfection.

I liked that more than the first time you posted it.
(shit this was a year ago)

Videos with ridiculously hot groupies make me jealous tbh

:erk:

GLAM I LIKE:
Guns N Roses
Steelheart
Quiet Riot
King Kobra
Whitesnake
White Lion
Bon Jovi
Europe
Nitro are amusing
Hanoi Rocks (never were a metal band but they are glam)

and some I forgot probably.

oh yeah, some Tokyo Blade albums sound a little like Dokken actually so I can put them in this list:
Tokyo Blade
Dokken
Winger
Tesla

I suppose WASP are glam in image.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also recommend Tell No Tales, Intuition, and Knights of the New Thunder from TNT. I think they're amazing and very underrated. One of my favorite 80s glam/hard rock bands.

NECRO'D!!!

Anyway, so someone at work burned me Too Fast For Love and Invasion of Your Privacy and I must say Ratt put out some killer shit when they were popular. Way too much hate for this sub genre imo

:lol: holy old thread
I like some glam. Ratt, Cinderella, Skid Row etc
good song right here mang:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avAvkdYa3qM&feature=avmsc2[/ame]

Dokken had a cool cover of that "one is the loneliest number" song somewhere.

I like glam though I am not well versed in the artists' discographies. It's always fun though!

I used to listen to some glam back in the day but don't anymore.W.A.S.P. would be about the only band with glamish tendencies I listen to any more,although a mate did burn me a copy of the Steelpanther album,which is a bit of a laugh.

^Fucking great 80s "parody" album, I love every single song on it. So damn sleaze and raunchy album.
And yeah, Cinderella got lots of good stuff.

You can never go wrong with them, Skid Row or WASP. With Def Leppard its the early classics only (and the `99 album Euphoria), their new albums are as bad as it gets.

Skid Row`s s\t is for sure one of the best and most influential glam albums of all time. A must have in the genre.

Other must have:
Skid Row - s\t, Slave to the Grind
Def Leppard - Pyromania, Hysteria, Adrenalize
Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil, Too Fast for Love, Dr. Feelgood
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry, Under the Blade
Crashdïet - Rest in Sleaze, The Unattractive Revolution
Dokken - Under Lock and Key
TNT - Tell No Tales
Ratt - Out of the Cellar
Cinderella - Night Songs, Long Cold Winter, Heartbreak Station
Hardcore Superstar - s\t, Beg for It
Shotgun Messiah - Shotgun Messiah, Second Coming