Glam Metal

ROBL2500

New Metal Member
Dec 24, 2006
Whaley Bridge
Anybody else into Glam?, I mean bands like Cinderella, Motley Crue, KISS and early Pantera.
Some would say its a bit odd seeing guys dressed in Drag, but personally I see it no different as Black Metallers use corpsepaint or Slipknot/GWAR/The Berzerker used to use masks.
Sometimes its just nice to listen to a bit of 80's Glam.

Some would say its a bit odd seeing guys dressed in Drag, but personally I see it no different as Black Metallers use corpsepaint or Slipknot/GWAR/The Berzerker used to use masks.

I'm not judgemental of people who listen to glam, but the reasons for wearing corpse paint, drag, and masks are completely different.

I don't listen to any 'glam metal' bands but I do listen to many bands that have a glamour/feminine image.

To be honest, I don't see how it is any different from corpse paint or masks. I would hope to say that in the majority of cases, the image reflects the personality of the artist and I think that images should, as well as help set/preserve the mood of the music/artist.

ok here is the thing I HATE THIS SHIT OF METAL cause is not metal at all, in the 80s those bands the only reason why they existed was for having a video in MTV that was all that those guys wanted at that point, and what makes me more angry is that there is so many people who qualify themselves as a metal fans... that really makes me angry, and another thing that makes me angry is some people who dislike Godsmack just beacuse they are famous and at the same time they loved this Kinds of bands with makeup, at least GODSMACK is Metal not like this Bullshit

ok here is the thing I HATE THIS SHIT OF METAL cause is not metal at all, in the 80s those bands the only reason why they existed was for having a video in MTV that was all that those guys wanted at that point, and what makes me more angry is that there is so many people who qualify themselves as a metal fans... that really makes me angry, and another thing that makes me angry is some people who dislike Godsmack just beacuse they are famous and at the same time they loved this Kinds of bands with makeup, at least GODSMACK is Metal not like this Bullshit

I agree on glam metal not being metal...but Godsmack is basically a hard rock band. They have a distinct 'rock' sound I think, and I used to listen to them quite a few years ago before giving up on them, so I'm not trying to bash them or anything.

Go become an hero, moron.

Anyway, I enjoy a ton of glam bands. My favorites are Skid Row, early Pantera, Europe, Dokken, early Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Warrant, Poison, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, and Motley Crue.

Go become an hero, moron.

To do that, first you'll need to steal his iPod.

The only glam I could speak of was Celtic Frost's Cold Lake. It was pretty glam but most people consider it so buttfucking gay so i'm not sure if it's a good recommendation. Even Celtic Frost didn't like it.

Cold Lake wasn't horrible. The only reason that album gets so much shit is because Celtic Frost did it. There were some catchy songs on it.

Btw, haven't there already been like 2 or 3 glam threads made recently?

I like "Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction".And that should be glam?
But I don't know or heard or wanna hear any other glam album,I think that album is more hard rock than metal.
Oh,I forgot I read a bit 'bout Cinderella & I think I may like them.

I like "Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction".And that should be glam?
But I don't know or heard or wanna hear any other glam album,I think that album is more hard rock than metal.
Oh,I forgot I read a bit 'bout Cinderella & I think I may like them.

I think Guns N' Roses would be called "arena rock".

I've been meaning to listen to Cinderella. I heard a cool ballad of theirs on the radio a while back.