The Glam Metal Thread

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
*Jason Constantine, I expect you to show up in this thread*

Ok, so I am drunk and on a Massive Glam Metal kick, it was the first rock music I heard, I was raised on country, and my dad started playing Kiss all the time and I loved it. I wish I was my age now (22) in the mid 80s. What kind of Glam bands are you guys into? I have seen Kiss two times and they by far are the greatest band I have ever seen live, its the most amazing spiritual experience anyone could ever have.

My favorite Rock solo of all time:

Other good tunes:

This song single handedly made me want to play dark music.

ITT: Post your favorite 80's and early 90's cheeseball glam/thrash/prog/neoclassical shred music!

Last edited by a moderator:
Y U NO STEELPANTHER? ;)

(technically not 80's...but close enough for me)

and for the lol, cause I think they were awesome back then

Sorry for just dominating this right now, but there is too much stuff to post

Steve Stevens solo shit wasnt bad, despite how fucking awful the lyrics are to Atomic Playboys, hahahaha

Not all of this is considered glam, but, 80s, sure:

Extreme, Skid Row, Poison [ha!], Cinderella, The Cult, Twisted Sister, Dokken, Night Ranger, WASP, Stryper, Warrant, Mr Big, Great White, EUROPE, Lizzy Borden...

Brandon went fucking OFF on this topic though. Hats off to ya... half that shit I've long forgotten about.

Haha, okay here we go

Trying not to post stuff that is TOO obvious, but you just can't mess with lynch:

Unbelievably cheesy, but hey, its Andy Timmons, hahaha.

Finally, words can't describe the degree of 80's glam boner this gives me:

Only in the past year have I really began to enjoy Glam Metal, but GOD DAMN, THIS THREAD. My panties are moist with eighties lust :lol::lol::lol:

draft_lens2137295module11123567photo_1219479353King_of_threads.jpg

Only in the past year have I really began to enjoy Glam Metal, but GOD DAMN, THIS THREAD.

Same, while I grew up on the stuff, I became anti anything that wasn't extreme metal as a teenager. Now that I have gotten old of extreme metal, I am constantly rediscovering a love for the old stuff I knew so well.

Props to notuern for that stuff, especially Icon. This thread is gonna be awesome.

Props to notuern for that stuff, especially Icon. This thread is gonna be awesome.

Thanks man! :)
You posted most of the stuff that i normally would, so i thought i would post some of the more obscure stuff i listen to. :D

Icon is amazing.. but i have to say, Dare Force might very well be the most underrated band of the 80's.

holy shit some of those I havent heard of. Dare Force?! Wow that name alone gave me the biggest fit of lulz I've had in a few... hahahahah... Ill check these links later on when I've got more time. Awesome.

Also:

King's X