CotM mail server down?

[Edit: it's been pretty wonky for me as the day has progressed, I submitted a support ticket to the webspace provider & will let you know what they say..]

Wow, that was fast..their reply:

Hello,

Your website is hosted in our HK datacenter. The server where your account is hosted is fully operational. However, currently there are network problems at the iAdvantage datacenter in Hong Kong, related to connectivity difficulties at all major Asian upstream providers. The difficulties were caused by damage to a sub-marine cable as a result of very recent series of earthquakes in Taiwan (Tuesday). All connections to and from Hong Kong are affected due to traffic being rerouted. A crew has already been deployed to fix the damages and in addition we are working on having the datacenter network technicians reroute traffic through other upstream providers. Unfortunately, there is no ETA on fixing the issue for now.

There are two options for you at the time being:

1. You can wait until the cable is fixed and normal operation resumed
2. You can request that we migrate your account to an US-based server. The migration is free of charge and fully automated. You can post a migration request in a ticket here at suresupport.com.

However, please have in mind that a migration will not resolve the problem right away as the migration process itself is affected by the network problems. If you decide to go for this option, please have in mind that this may take 24 hrs or more.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Best Regards,
Support

Not that it'll help now, but I will be requesting that the site be migrated to a US-based server.

Ok, we'll see how f'ed up this gets.....In the mean time, I've changed some of the stuff I've been using the COTM addy for, just in case......

Thanks for the quick info on this Jax!

J-Dubya

hey while we're the topic, what are the smtp & pop3 addresses for CoTM mail? i think pop3 is mail.churchofthemachine.com but I remember not being able to guess the smtp. and no I don't have the original email which gave all this info!