Could really use another SOD album ASAP

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
With the state of heavy music in general it is much needed!

With all the bullshit going on with Anthrax, sounding like a pussy pop band. Half of their band is playing in side projects with Fall Out Boy members... I could really use a heavy dose of a super group like SOD. If that meant replacing the weak links in Scott Ian and Charlie I'd be all for it. Those guys obviously lost the urge to create extreme / thrash metal music. Bring in a real Thrash Metal guitarist such as Gary Holt, Kerry King, etc, and bring in a true Thrash Metal drummer and lets do a new record! A new band filled with legitimate members that put out legitimate hardcore/thrash. I think the time is now!

And by posting this I mean no disrespect to Mastery. That band is bad ass too. Billy Keeps it metal/hardcore and doesn't give a fuck. I wish more artists would remain true to themselves.

I think Billy deserves a lot more recognition as a thrash/hardcore legend than he does. In a worth with cookie cutter bullshit he doesn't give a fuck what people think and just goes out and kicks your ass every time. Much respect

With the state of heavy music in general it is much needed!

With all the bullshit going on with Anthrax, sounding like a pussy pop band. Half of their band is playing in side projects with Fall Out Boy members... I could really use a heavy dose of a super group like SOD. If that meant replacing the weak links in Scott Ian and Charlie I'd be all for it. Those guys obviously lost the urge to create extreme / thrash metal music. Bring in a real Thrash Metal guitarist such as Gary Holt, Kerry King, etc, and bring in a true Thrash Metal drummer and lets do a new record! A new band filled with legitimate members that put out legitimate hardcore/thrash. I think the time is now!

And by posting this I mean no disrespect to Mastery. That band is bad ass too. Billy Keeps it metal/hardcore and doesn't give a fuck. I wish more artists would remain true to themselves.

I think Billy deserves a lot more recognition as a thrash/hardcore legend than he does. In a worth with cookie cutter bullshit he doesn't give a fuck what people think and just goes out and kicks your ass every time. Much respect

Could you give it a rest already? You whine like those "emo kids" you despise so much! For the kids and the old people, already!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is check out: Volbeat, Enslaved, Aborted, Leng Tche, ICS Vortex, Gojira, Vader, Demonaz, Urfaust, Summoning, Abigor, Old OLD:In Flames/Opeth/Katatonia/Dark Tranquillity. There has to be something there you can get into. You always got avenged sevenfold..or new Morbid Angel...............................................

I can't stand most of the new stuff they play on Liquid Metal (Sirius XM radio). I do love retro-thrash bands like Fueled By Fire, Lich King and Warbringer to name a few. I am looking forward to the new Mastery album, so far it sounds awesome!!

I can't stand most of the new stuff they play on Liquid Metal (Sirius XM radio). I do love retro-thrash bands like Fueled By Fire, Lich King and Warbringer to name a few. I am looking forward to the new Mastery album, so far it sounds awesome!!

I only listen to Liquid Metal where there isnt an Opie&Anthony rerun on..

Liquid Metal is the worst, they have stooped lower then Headbangers Ball back in the day. Jose is the pure definition of a Fag Poser.

I cancelled my Sirius after about a year, but this was close to 3 years ago. Other than the NFL package, I just could not get into much of the music channels at all. Especially the metal ones because they simply just seemed geared towards that nu-metal sound, or classic rock that's been re-hashed a billion times over.

I cancelled my Sirius after about a year, but this was close to 3 years ago. Other than the NFL package, I just could not get into much of the music channels at all. Especially the metal ones because they simply just seemed geared towards that nu-metal sound, or classic rock that's been re-hashed a billion times over.

I can't stand the nu-metal. It sounds like: "YIE, YIE, YIE, YIE, YIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" It's horrible and annoying!

I can't stand the nu-metal. It sounds like: "YIE, YIE, YIE, YIE, YIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" It's horrible and annoying!

Lol!!! That sounds about right. I can't tell if these nu-metal bands are screaching, screaming or both, but it sounds awful!! The only good show on Liquid Metal is Ian Christie's show "Sound of the Beast" where he plays a lot of older, vintage metal. It's nice hearing music from bands I've never heard of or just classic metal. Otherwise, Liquid Metal, Octane and the rest of the metal stations blow big time!

Lol!!! That sounds about right. I can't tell if these nu-metal bands are screaching, screaming or both, but it sounds awful!! The only good show on Liquid Metal is Ian Christie's show "Sound of the Beast" where he plays a lot of older, vintage metal. It's nice hearing music from bands I've never heard of or just classic metal. Otherwise, Liquid Metal, Octane and the rest of the metal stations blow big time!

I think the name of the show is "Bloody Roots" and Christe's book is called "Sound of the Beast". I agree about the show, it is nice hearing old stuff again & stuff you've never heard of. You're right about Octane as well. It seems like there are 50 songs out there with the same basic theme "My girl is a bad girl". It's just as bad as all the glam rock shit from the late 80's & early 90's...:puke: