Could you describe some of Swano's works for me?

SpeakUSAorDie

Milano Mosher
Sep 5, 2001
MegadetH ArizonA
Hi, Im fairly new to Swano's works other than Bloodbath, but have heard parts of Moontower and LOVED IT, and a couple of songs from the Edge Of Sanity albums(AMAZING). But I was wondering about his other works, such as Nightingale, Unicorn, Pan-Thy-Monium, Odyssey, any others. But if you could give me a quick rundown of what the music is like(I know this will be hard cause Swano usually has diverse music. But if you could please tell me out of the bands of Nightingale, Unicorn, Pan-Thy-Monium, and Odyssey:

1) If Swano sings on the album
2)Type Of Vocals(Death, Clean, Both)
3)Type Of Music(Death, Thrash, Prog, etc)

This would help very much, and I appreciate all the effort that goes into this. Thanks in advance!

-Dave
P.S. sorry for the newbie topic

Nightingale:

Swanö sings with clean vocals, varies from album to album. First one is quite goth rock influenced while the second is a mixture of prog rock and metal. Haven't heard the rest.

Unicorn:

Swanö sings with clean vocals, music is prog rock.

Pan-Thy-Monium:

Swanö doesn't sing, Robert Karlsson sings with very guttural vocals. Really weird stuff but still metal.

Thanks MacMoney, llamaura, Thorns of Sorrow, and Demonspell! That helped. I really like Dan's death vocals, so I bought Moonspell and Crimson online last nigh. But I do have an open mind and enjoy prog. metal, so thanks again, this helps alot!

Could someone tell me the complete Pan.Thy.Monium line-up? I just got this "Dream II" and it sounds rather interesting (especially the bass on the last track).

-Villain

Originally posted by Demonspell
I think of Odyssey as being a heavier Nightigale, or Dan's progressive metal experiment...

I'd call it more of a prog doom metal thing. There's quite a bit f Candlemass in those songs.

Btw, are you the same Demonspell who posts on the Iron Maiden board?

I've exploring Dan Swanö's different bands for a few days now and I must say that all I've heard so far has been really good. Especially Unicorn and Moontower have been total killers for me. Still many albums to go, which is a great thing I think. I just love to listen to tons of interesting new music. :)

Just a few days ago I finally got my original copy of Crimson, I'm sooooo happy. :) Wasn't even too expensive, 10 euros.

Originally posted by Villain
Could someone tell me the complete Pan.Thy.Monium line-up? I just got this "Dream II" and it sounds rather interesting (especially the bass on the last track).

-Villain

Winter (Benny Larsson of Edge of Sanity)
Mourning (Dread of Edge of Sanity)
Day Disyraah (Dan Swano)
Derelict (Robert Karlsson, the guy who replaced Dan in E.O.S)
Aag (Dag Swano, Dan's brother)

It is basically an Edge of Sanity side project

Originally posted by SpeakUSAorDie
Hi, Im fairly new to Swano's works other than Bloodbath, but have heard parts of Moontower and LOVED IT, and a couple of songs from the Edge Of Sanity albums(AMAZING). But I was wondering about his other works, such as Nightingale, Unicorn, Pan-Thy-Monium, Odyssey, any others. But if you could give me a quick rundown of what the music is like(I know this will be hard cause Swano usually has diverse music. But if you could please tell me out of the bands of Nightingale, Unicorn, Pan-Thy-Monium, and Odyssey:

1) If Swano sings on the album
2)Type Of Vocals(Death, Clean, Both)
3)Type Of Music(Death, Thrash, Prog, etc)

This would help very much, and I appreciate all the effort that goes into this. Thanks in advance!

-Dave
P.S. sorry for the newbie topic

You forgot Diabolical Masquerade and Godsend