Countdown To Extinction is overated

I hate Sweating Bullets, its awful, Daves vocals are crapper than usual and the lyrics are dumb :(

That is an interesting quote from Dave :lol:. I know he was most fucked up when writing and recording SFSGSW, but that is largely why I like it, it is so aggressive and even trippy sounding at times. As for the way the sound turned out, it is the same with Jon Schaffer and Burnt Offerings, he thinks it its the bands worst album and that it sounds shit, I think it is their best and that the production sounds awesome.

The remaster of RIP will be the best one I reckon, again similar to Burnt Offerings, I thought it couldn't sound any better, but then the remaster just made it sound phenomenal. I think the same thing will happen with RIP. Nick's drum sound on RIP is already killer too, so thickening that up will sound huge.

I am very interested to hear a remaster of SFSGSW, who knows it might be even better, but I just have a feeling it will take away from the vibe of the album. It might make it get more respect from fans though, so that would be a good thing.

I agree with what your saying about Countdown Coops, it is very tight and the musicianship is excellent, but yeah, it just sounds too thin, not enough thrash and balls, and too many slower songs, and I don't think that is something the remaster can really fix. It might improve it though. The songs themselves are actually very good, but I just don't think they gel, and it is weak overall because of it. Similar to Virtual XI. I think there is HEAPS of awesome material on that album, and there isn't even any songs I dislike, but overall it is a very weak album.

Thats funny Gore, SFSGSW was the last 'Deth album I picked up, and it is my favourite hehe. I didn't get into it that much at first though, but it was a grower.

Into The Lungs Of Hell, Mary Jane, In My Darkest Hour, and Hook In Mouth are all better than pretty much everything on Countdown (except Ashes In Your Mouth, thats a favourite), Set The World Afire is also a cool song, Anarchy is a good cover, and 502 and Liar are excellent thrashy rockers, and thats the whole album. SFSGSW = :headbang:

Countdown is a brilliant album.

For me with 'Deth:

Peace Sells > RIP = CTE > SFSGSW > Youth

that's out of all I've heard. Youthanasia has WAY too many filler-sounding songs. I love the melodicness that comes through in Countdown in songs like CAPTIVE HONO(U)R and the title track. This is shown in Youth's good songs like Family Tree.

Blitzkrieg said:
Thats funny Gore, SFSGSW was the last 'Deth album I picked up, and it is my favourite hehe. I didn't get into it that much at first though, but it was a grower.

Into The Lungs Of Hell, Mary Jane, In My Darkest Hour, and Hook In Mouth are all better than pretty much everything on Countdown (except Ashes In Your Mouth, thats a favourite), Set The World Afire is also a cool song, Anarchy is a good cover, and 502 and Liar are excellent thrashy rockers, and thats the whole album. SFSGSW = :headbang:
All the stuff off SFSGSW that they played live on the last tour was awesome. But when I listen to them on the album, I just go :puke: