couple questions

DEEK

Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
I've just recenty gotten into the band, so bare with me

Question 1: Exactly what is a Lava? Is it just a guitar solo that wasn't used in a song or something?

Question 2: How rare is the Fatal Formulas of the Flesh album that came with the bonus disc?

I've been a fan since 'Altars Of Madness' and I'm still not entirely sure what the hell Lava is. I think it's all creative out-poorings, albeit musical, art, whatever, is basicly Lava. I think! I didn't even know Formulas came with a bonus disc?? Spew'n. Then again, if it's anything like the Heretics 'bonus levels' disc. I could do without it.

My interpretation of Lava is Trey's style of solo's. I dont know how rare FFTTF and the Love of Lava are but i know that they were packages together for a european release. I'm pretty sure you can get them from the Earache webshop.

Ageless said:
My interpretation of Lava is Trey's style of solo's.
I would agree with that. Trey considers himself a medium through which the Continuum is channeled, and lava is his metaphor for a creative Force. There's a great description by Trey of the Heretic cover on the Earache site (under the Morbid Angel news section) that explains the dualism of Fire and Water and their roles in creativity-the Fire=Force and Water=Form. He also gives more detail about it in an interview I did with him: "Force and Form… you see it everywhere, and the fire and water… it’s like the Quabalah, the most high triad of the Quabalah is Kether, Chokmah and Binah, and Kether is the divine breath, the realization of the potential of what one can do, and Chokmah is the will, the drive, the fire, and Binah is the water, the reflections of the imagination. So it’s kinda like, you know, you got your form, which is your material parts to put something together, then you gotta put energy into putting it together. These are two things that work with manifestation."

if you're interested in reading the whole thing, here's the link:
http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=2476

Reactions: Oceanic Motion