Recommend me some Death Metal!

Jackal_Strain

Sigurd Løberg
Feb 16, 2006
Trondheim, Norway
Alright, here's the thing.
I'm looking for some quality Death Metal to spark my inspiration again. I recently re-discovered Formulas fatal to the flesh, by Morbid Angel again (thanks Gareth SE) and Obscura (both the album and the band) has been spinning furiously in my player lately.

So tell me what you guys consider to be one of the finest example of this genre. Just name a Band, album, song or whatever. Post a link to a youtube video or a myspace page. Just no deathcore :D

And to kick it off, here's a couple of kickass bands you should check out if you haven't allready:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on a bit of a skinless binge lately.

\/ 1:54 onward is fucking orgasmic \/

or, if you just want to have your head caved in

DO IT! seriously they are mindfuckingly awesome.

dunno if you've heard of these guys but they are probably a safe bet for any fan of anaal nathrakh (which I'm sure you will be after checking them out properly)

great topic so far
bin your copy of cosmogenesis and just listen to cynic and necrophagist in quick succession instead. :D

anyway
recommendations:

cephalic carnage - exploiting dysfunction (more grindy tech death than straight up death metal, weird as fuck, excellent shit)
decrepit birth - and time begins
demilich, nespithe
impetuous ritual - relentless execution of ceremonial excrescence
portal - seepia, outre
gigan - the order of the false eye (good cephalic carnage/gorguts worship. great 20 minute improvised track at the end full of weird noises)
spawn of possession - cabinet
immolation - failures for gods (one of the finest death metal albums ever)
cryptopsy - once was not
origin - informitas infinitas inhumanitas
incantation - onward to golgotha
suffocation - souls to deny (so underappreciated, actually their finest)
+111111111111111 trample the weak, hurdle the dead and all the early shit is amazing. skip the album with longstreth
dying fetus - destroy the opposition (THE GROOOOOOVES)

back with more soon

edit: i forgot i was gonna give you some none DM recs too jackal.
you should check out dysrhythmia - barriers and passages + psychic maps to prepare for the new gorguts album. i mean the new gorguts line-up is made up of 2 members of dysrhythmia, longstreth and luc lemay so its all sounding dysrhythmia as fuck. barriers and passages is one of the finest albums ever.
and if youre feeling particularly insane you should get behold... the arctopus - nano nucleonic cyborg summoning ep. 10x weirder than dysrhythmia. has drones, atonality, jazzed out as fuck drumming, amazing instrumentation. nice and short too, only about 17 minutes long i think. might be shorter.

edit edit: oh and it goes without saying but get gorguts - from wisdom to hate if for some reason you havent already. its not obscura but its incredible in its own right. the riff at the end of "elusive treasures" is jizzworthy

HI IM BACK

deeds of flesh - path of the weakening
indricothere - indricothere
odius mortem - cryptic implosion
Pan.Thy.Monium - Khaoos And Kon-Fus-Ion (REQUIRED LISTENING GODDAMNIT, ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS EVER)
unmerciful - unmercifully beaten
ulcerate - everything is fire (i thought this sucked pretty hard but 99% of the death metal fanbase seems to think its the best thing since obscura so check it out anyway.)