recommend me some....

Ditch the TS, crank the mids and add more gain as you would usually do if old Dismember/Edge of Sanity/Unleashed is what you're going for...
I wouldn't say they had awesome production though.

Other old school death metal but different could be early Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Obituary...

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I really really like the guitars on Crowbar's self-titled.

I don't think it's a Recto in there, tho... not sure, but I think I remember reading somewhere it's a Randall like Dime's boosted with a Boss Metalzone.

IMO - The 'Death Metal sound is defined as James Murphys sounds on albums like:
Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind
Cancer - Death Shall Rise ( = Death Metal )
Testament - Low ( The tone that made me want a Triaxis )

:worship: :worship: James Murphy was a huge influence to me :worship: :worship:

And sounds like:
Bolt Thrower - War Master
Napalm Death - ( pretty much anything after Harmony Corruption was hella good guitar sound )
Cannibal Corpse - ( circa mid-early 90's )
Morbid Angel - Covenant / Gateways to Annihilation ( very low gain-ish but wet )
Grave - Soulless ( Wettest guitar sound I've ever heard )
Deicide - Deicide ( Kinda in there with Cannibal Corpse, aka 'The Florida Death Metal Sound' )

in addition to what's been mentioned, early dying fetus and nile sounds would probably be appropriate...possibly even old-as-fuck sepultura(BTR, arise)

first passive pickups...

as for tone check out the death/grind masters Brutal Truth on youtube "God Player" video.

sick sick tone! wait until the song kicks in:headbang::kickass:

Last edited by a moderator: