recommend me some....

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
awesome (production wise) death metal CDs with a more oldschool/loose Guitarsound that still kicks every imaginable ass.

I'm producing this band atm that don't want that modern deathcore sound but a more oldschool oriented approach.

I was thinking two tracks of Recto on tube-recs w/o a TS.

My fear is...I like really tight tones and I don't wanna make it sound "less awesome" than it could be just to get the desired tones.

there have to be some thick "untight" deathmetal productions that still have a steallar guitarsound....or?

help me!

Hmm, can't necessarily think of anything at the moment, but I definitely don't think you'd need to use Tube Rectification to achieve it; when I was dicking around with a Triple, I found the Recto tubes to be unbearable for anything remotely heavy. Just omitting the TS would probably suffice!

damn, that drummer is awesome!

8 Songs in 5 hours (incl. preparation of projects etc)...

EVERY FUCKING SONG FIRST TAKE!!!!!
and it's rather complex shit!

I'm happy that I set up 7 mics for cymbals and hats alone ;)

hurst that the guitarists aren't like that ;)

Lasse, check out the new Bloodbath material. Very nice tones on there and it sounds a bit more "organic" than most other death metal tones. I'm starting to prefer those types of tones more than ultra-scooped \m/ stuff.

-Joe

I found some settings on my 5150 mkII last night that got me pretty close to my search for something close to the tone from the new Bloodbath record...

Lead Channel:
Pre - 7
Bass - 5
Mids - 3
Treb - 4
Post - 2-3
Res - 3.5
Pres - 7.8

Pretty damn saturated. (I'm using passive pickups mind you, so adjust gain to your liking.) A tad flubby if you play softly, but pick hard, and palm mute loosely (don't press down too hard and with your hand towards the bridge so the palm muted notes ring out a bit more) and you've got a pretty Blodbath-ish sound, which I'd say is pretty old school. Just minus the crap elements of course.

Good luck Lasse with that sound, I worked just with that kind of bands lately (besides this metal core project I told ya) and you know these bands that want the old school death sound are really picky.
Of course old school death sounds are just shit to me.
Death (the band) has the old school sound on the first 3 records, just pick one of those ones.
Another old school sound, but the recording is relatively new, is Hate Eternal - Conquering the throne.
Old school death sound is just pure shit, sorry for that band wanting that sound .... lol old school death sound... I just hate it

Not sure but maybe you should check the following :

Grave - dominion (new abum)

Unleashed - hammer battalion (new album, no deathcorish guitar sound but kickass and a tad tight)

Insision - all albums

Edge of sanity - cryptic

exhumation - dance across the past

Morbid Angel - domination