loose and muddy recto

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
hey.

I'm just trying to experiment and get some other guitartones (just to learn my amps better). not because these tones are my favorites, but because it can't hurt to know the range of your amp ;)

this time I was going for really loose but typical recto sounds....

orange cloned to modern, no TS, Tube Recs, Ribbin Mic (it won't get much looser :) )

recto loose

Bass is sansamp...
neither instzrument has any EQ on it of course (not even HP/LP etc)

DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to get the tightest metaltones, I'm fully aware that most of you will hate these tones, it was actually my goal toachieve untight tones!

edit:
feel free to program some drums to it...would like to hear it with drums, but I don't have dfh or anything ;)
Edit2: I didn't even check the tuning of the guitar/bass ;)

Haha, diggi! Probably my favorite tone of yours (at least here on the MacBook speakers). I totally love the slightly out of tune guitar/bass combo (on SATO stuff I leave it deliberately untuned for that effect). Good shit!

haha.

it's a beyerdynamic m160. there's a bit of sm57 in there as well (14 dB lower than the ribbon) (both like 6" from the cloth and in phase)

I was actually listening to some Korn and King's X stuff last night and thought that the recto is such a versatile amp...and I need to get some really loose tones. that's what I did first this morning ;)

Blecchhh dude :lol: Honestly, it just sounds horribly muffled to me, but yeah, the bass rules! How come you used the channel cloning btw?

Blecchhh dude :lol: Honestly, it just sounds horribly muffled to me, but yeah, the bass rules! How come you used the channel cloning btw?

haha, yeah, I'm just working with an awesome sound on the red-channel and didn't wanna fuck with the settings just to get a loose tone, so I cloned the orange to red to not have to change the settings on the modern channel....;)