Recommend me some Death Metal!

I know you said to post death metal, but imma just post metal in general

Fucking love these guys to death

Some melodeath thats been kranking on my ipod lately
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTUMo2h0ysk&feature=related[/ame]

Some black metal (sorry its not burzum lol, i cant stand them)

I hate the band, but the older stuff kicks arse, hate me all you want lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck, I posted long replies to most of you guy, but somehow my post have disappeared. Must be the forum crash or something. Oh, well I'll just have to do it all over again...

great topic so far
bin your copy of cosmogenesis and just listen to cynic and necrophagist in quick succession instead. :D
I'm actually not the biggest fan of tech-death in the vein of Obscura or Necrophagist, but a little now and then is alright. I agree that Necrophagist is better than OBscura, but I'm kinda sick and tired of them at the moment. Cynic on the other hand is probably one of my favourite bands ever. Not much death metal left in traced in air, but it still has that undeniable Cynic quality to it.
anyway
recommendations:

cephalic carnage - exploiting dysfunction (more grindy tech death than straight up death metal, weird as fuck, excellent shit)
I loved anomalies, but xenosapien was a little disappointing imo. I havent checked out explointing dysfunction yet, but i'll make sure to do so.
decrepit birth - and time begins
demilich, nespithe
impetuous ritual - relentless execution of ceremonial excrescence
portal - seepia, outre
gigan - the order of the false eye (good cephalic carnage/gorguts worship. great 20 minute improvised track at the end full of weird noises)
I hadn't heard of portal before someone posted that article about eq suggestions from metalsucks. I actually thin their production suits their music perfectly. I get why some people think they suck, and even though it would be nice to have a little more clarity at times to make the details pop out, I find their music to have an atmosphere that most releases today lacks. Definitely different than most other bands out there, but also really great!
I haven't heard of the rest of these bans, but I'll make sure to do so right away.
spawn of possession - cabinet
immolation - failures for gods (one of the finest death metal albums ever)
cryptopsy - once was not
origin - informitas infinitas inhumanitas
incantation - onward to golgotha
suffocation - souls to deny (so underappreciated, actually their finest)
+111111111111111 trample the weak, hurdle the dead and all the early shit is amazing. skip the album with longstreth
dying fetus - destroy the opposition (THE GROOOOOOVES)
Spawn of possession, Immolation and Suffocation are amongst my favourite death metal bands. Incantation and Origin are also pretty cool, but I'm not the biggest fan of Cryptopsy and Dying fetus.
And i agree about Longstreth. Great drummer, but only Mike Smith for Suffo!!
back with more soon

edit: i forgot i was gonna give you some none DM recs too jackal.
you should check out dysrhythmia - barriers and passages + psychic maps to prepare for the new gorguts album. i mean the new gorguts line-up is made up of 2 members of dysrhythmia, longstreth and luc lemay so its all sounding dysrhythmia as fuck. barriers and passages is one of the finest albums ever.
and if youre feeling particularly insane you should get behold... the arctopus - nano nucleonic cyborg summoning ep. 10x weirder than dysrhythmia. has drones, atonality, jazzed out as fuck drumming, amazing instrumentation. nice and short too, only about 17 minutes long i think. might be shorter.

edit edit: oh and it goes without saying but get gorguts - from wisdom to hate if for some reason you havent already. its not obscura but its incredible in its own right. the riff at the end of "elusive treasures" is jizzworthy

I've heard of Dysrhytmia, but I've never actually heard them. Interesting stuff to say the least! These guys might actually take the Gorguts sound even further and make something that might approach the divinity that is Obscura in quality. I'm really anxious to hear the new Gorguts now.
I have heard Behold the Arctopus once, but I was really really drunk and don't remember much more than that I thought it was very cool at the time. From what I can tell by the various clips on youtube, this is a band that requires an actual effort from the listener. Intriguing stuff!

As for From wisdom to hate. I've got it man. :headbang:

roflsaurusrex:

The Faceless sounds pretty cool. Maybe a little too much flirting with core elements, but I'll give them a chance.

That Be'lakor clip was really good! I'm a huge Dark tranquility fan, and these guys reminds me somewhat of older DT. And that's a good thing!

Guys, feel free to post melo-death bands if you want to. I'm not the biggest fan of the genre, but there's a lot great bands in that genre too.

But Cradle of Filth... I listened a lot to them when I was younger, but that was only because I was trying to nail this incredibly hot chick that was really into them. I'm ashamed to admit that I turned to musical prostitution in order to satisfy my bodily needs.
Cruelty and the beast album is 'ok', but that's stretching it for me ;)

I posted this yesterday, but it must have been deleted.
Anyway, check this shit out.... couple of spanish bands

Cryptopsy - None So Vile is amazing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOQuX7pCiPo&feature=related[/ame]

Makes me proud to be from Québec. \m/

Yeah, I saw Exhumed during this years Inferno festival. Forgot that they are from spain. They put on a really good show.

Pretty sure Exhumed are from California.

Gorod - Process of a New Decline is a pretty cool album. I know you said your not really into the tech stuff but I'll recommend it anyway.

Better than most of the utter shit that passes for death metal these days

Some homegrown talent here,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqSkvcuxINY&feature=related[/ame]

Also, I think these guys are class!!

Dirty death metal the way it should be played :devil:

give Cryptopsy - Once Was Not another few listens Jackal, compositionally it's one of the finest pieces of death metal ever created. That and lord worm's vocal performance is literally batshit fucking insane.
And yeah, I have to agree with you on portal's production values. outré is probably the finest death metal production ive ever heard \m/

glad you dig dysrhythmia. i dont really see them as all that similar to gorguts or even doing something remotely similar to what gorguts has done in the past, but yeah, definitely a fucking fantastic bands and one of my current favourites. barriers and passages was a pretty life changing record for me.

and hopefully you'll dig cephalic carnage - exploiting dysfunction. anomalies and xenosapien were fundamentally a watering down of their sound (note, I'm not takign sides on whether that's a good or bad thing, anomalies and xenosapien are both fucking amazing records,) so the stuff before that might as well have been a completely different band. exploiting dysfunction is arguably their most out there piece of work, but it's also the most suffocatingly heavy, discomfort inducing metal/grind records out there. fucking stellar in every aspect.

I mispoke and had a brainfart at the same time. I was thinking of another spanish death metal band (whose name I can't remember) and saw the name of exumer, a german thrash band. Don't know how I came up with that.

Anyhow, I'll give Once was not another chance. My experience with cryptopsy has mostly been with None so vile.