Cover a song before it has been released

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Thought this might be relevant to some of you:

German punk rock band Beatsteaks have released tabs/sheet music for their soon to be released single "Milk & Honey". However there is no information on the tempo/style of the track. The band is asking fans and musicians to send in their versions of the song. The best will be chosen by the band and will be released as a b-side to the physical cd single.

Here's the link to the tabs/sheet music. There are lead sheets in different keys ("Dur" is German for "Major").
http://www.beatsteaks.com/iframe.php?inc=news&sub=milkandhoney
I can already here the Metal versions in my head! :devil: FWIW I'd gladly record some guitar DIs or keyboards if one of you needs someone to fill in on their version of the song.

In case you don't know the band: They are really well known over here, dunno about the States or the UK though. They are headlining huge festivals and playing sold out club shows. In June 2011 they are going to play Berlin Wuhlheide two days in a row. First show was sold out in September or so this year so they added another one. Normally Metallica plays Wuhlheide when they stop by for an open air show in Berlin (just so you get the picture ;) ). Being on the b-side of their new single would actually be quite cool.