Just been given the biggest gig of my life, too!

Are you from Sweden too?

Man.. You just forward a contract from a record company and a few days later you'll get it full of comments and phone support. He will/can have direct contact with the labels lawyers if you want too aswell.. it's totaly amazing and it's all included in the membership. You have to be member for atleast a year I think - but that just makes sense so you don't get all that help and be a member for a month.

yea, but considering that it was stated that each band member pays $30/mon...that's $150/mon between all of them, which shakes out to $1800 for the year. if you disregard other services they offer, i'm sure you could hire a lawyer to iron out a contractual agreement for less than $1800...

yea, but considering that it was stated that each band member pays $30/mon...that's $150/mon between all of them, which shakes out to $1800 for the year. if you disregard other services they offer, i'm sure you could hire a lawyer to iron out a contractual agreement for less than $1800...

That's totally true. We had that discussion in the band too. But we felt it was a good deal and $30 didn't feel so much each month. They offer many more things and one of them are this about the touring bus. But how often will it die? And the insurance they offer is really good too.

But sure, it all adds up in the end.

Are you from Sweden too?

Man.. You just forward a contract from a record company and a few days later you'll get it full of comments and phone support. He will/can have direct contact with the labels lawyers if you want too aswell.. it's totaly amazing and it's all included in the membership. You have to be member for atleast a year I think - but that just makes sense so you don't get all that help and be a member for a month.

Yup, from Ulricehamn(Lies between Borås and Jönköping.).
Sucks here though(Nothing to do.)! :lol:

Damn, il try to get my bandmates to get a job, so we can join. ;D
But as Colonel Kurtz said, just for the lawyer, its not worth it!

I have a good friend who is a lawyer and knows a lot of people. Even if we wanted to pay for a lawyer... we just wouldn't be able to pay him. That's the way it is. We don't even have money for merch. We're poor. Very very poor. Anyway I have a friend over at Sony ATV. He's a really good guy and he knows Nuclear Blast kinda good and told me that they're still fair about contracts and stuff. I also know a band (Callejon) which signed at Nuclear Blast and they said they get supported really well.

There are a lot of entertainment lawyers that will work for points. Obviously the more you pay for a more well known lawyer the better chance you have at actually making it. My old band passed on NB, Fucked record budgets and 6.5 points on the first album is not that enticing. They do have awsome tour support, way better then the label that we signed to in the end. If one major label is interested, there are probably others too. Take out a loan, its worth it. I've spent over 6 months negotiating a contract with a label, and spend over 10g's in lawyer bills to get it right, then I got kicked out of the band, but because of that contract I get a check every 6 months for album sales and radio play, its a nice supplemental income that just buys me more studio gear.

Spend a little money now and make a lot later. Its all business, its all about money.