Just been given the biggest gig of my life!!!

xchrisloungex

Nov 9, 2006
MANCHESTER, UK
Alright guys,

As i write this i'm pretty much in a state of shock (and hugely hungover)

Lastnight myself and my band received a phone-call telling us that we have been given the opening slot on the unholy alliance tour when it comes to our city. This means that we will be opening for Slayer,Trivium,Amon Amarth and Mastodon in-front of 5000 people. I've played god knows how many shows in my lifetime but this will be the biggest by far and i'm really beginning to get the butterfly feeling in my stomach.

Anyway thats all really. Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone.

www.myspace.com/veilsband <- my band incase anyone wants to know.

Cheers

Chris

Congratz!
And normaly I dont like that kind of music you guys plays, but I liked your songs for some odd reason! :O
Also, I love how freakishly tight your drummers fills are(I get goosebumps from those "rakatatatatabatabom" fills! :lol:)!

Congrats!

Believe it or not, the bigger the crowd, the easier the gig!

you'll be fine man!!

HAHA i'm going to hold you to that dude!

Congratz!
And normaly I dont like that kind of music you guys plays, but I liked your songs for some odd reason! :O
Also, I love how freakishly tight your drummers fills are(I get goosebumps from those "rakatatatatabatabom" fills! )!

Cheers mate i'm glad you like it! I'll pass your comments onto to my drummer (Not that he needs his ego inflating!)

well done mate!!!

if its any conselation Im playing sheapards bush empire this month... shitting myself

Congratulations, practice enough so you can enjoy the gig instead of worriyng about your performance. you´ll have a great time!!

Congrats!

Believe it or not, the bigger the crowd, the easier the gig!

you'll be fine man!!

Up to 5 or 600 people that's pretty true, but not when you play to 5-6000! (I find at least)

The biggest gigs I played were Taste of Chaos in 2005 and 2006... fucking shittifying - although it is also because you know the sound is gonna be horrific.

congratulations Chris, hope it goes well! (especially as Slayer fans are notoriously difficult to please....)

Congrats bro, I know how you feeling right now. Last year my band won a contest and we played in the main stage at Bloodstock Open Air, opening for Testament, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Nevermore, Lacuna Coil, etc.

We practice like crazy and took this very very seriously...pretty much we handle this as the last gig of our life's, and it work out just GREAT!

Cheers