Just been given the biggest gig of my life!!!

My good friends Ted Maul are opening London,.. Which show are you opening??

[just checked the myspace - Manchester show, right?]

afterthought... Dan_weapon - Shouldn't your band be doing Glasgow / Aberdeen? There aren't that many metal bands around Glasgow who could properly open a Slayer show.

congratz dude!

and don't worry about it man.. just close your eyes and think of naked chicks.. though nursing a semi infront of a bunch of slayer fans might get you your arse kicked..

..Trivium fans on the other hand..*cough* jk! haha

HAHA i'm going to hold you to that dude!

Up to 5 or 600 people that's pretty true, but not when you play to 5-6000! (I find at least)

Just wait till your singer/keyplayer (major part of the sound) is unable to make it to a show in czech, so you have to do vocals as well unrehearsed infront of 20-25k people with a laptop containing playback tracks for keyboards through the PA, a polish friend miming for a laugh on keytar and a drummer playing live to a click for the first time with the band! :lol:!

Still, even with the mesa dying on me for the whole last song and me finishing the set on air guitar... it was an incrediably fun gig that even though we don't talk about it anymore, it was a huge laugh and we got pretty good reviews! :lol:

You guys will be FINE! :D

My good friends Ted Maul are opening London,.. Which show are you opening??

[just checked the myspace - Manchester show, right?]

afterthought... Dan_weapon - Shouldn't your band be doing Glasgow / Aberdeen? There aren't that many metal bands around Glasgow who could properly open a Slayer show.

haha, thanks - although I have no idea who is doing the scottish one (assuming someone is!)

Just wait till your singer/keyplayer (major part of the sound) is unable to make it to a show in czech, so you have to do vocals as well unrehearsed infront of 20-25k people with a laptop containing playback tracks for keyboards through the PA, a polish friend miming for a laugh on keytar and a drummer playing live to a click for the first time with the band! :lol:!

Still, even with the mesa dying on me for the whole last song and me finishing the set on air guitar... it was an incrediably fun gig that even though we don't talk about it anymore, it was a huge laugh and we got pretty good reviews! :lol:

Amazing! That sounds like doing very well in making the most of a bad situation. I've never played to that many people so can't judge fully :)

(slightly off topic.. Gav, being from Perth originally...did you know/go to school with bands like PmX, Dirtbox etc?)

(slightly off topic.. Gav, being from Perth originally...did you know/go to school with bands like PmX, Dirtbox etc?)

I know Netherington's wee brother.

And we never talk about his band ever :loco:

They were meant to record with me and I arranged a time schedule four (4) months inadvance saying "I am on tour as of xx till xx!" made it clear.

They decide to finish writing the album 2 weeks before i go, i have to fix the worst drum recording on the planet (i did everything except drums and vox)...
And then show up late every day for sessions and then i go on tour, for over 3 weeks (including personal abroad time) and they haven't even finished the vox...
I ask for money for the TIME I HAD WORKED (about 6 hours a day on their album for over 2 weeks i only asked £200 as adam is a bro)
I work side by side with the singer for 2 months, never aproaches me once... (All the while i harass for the tracks so i can finish the fucking thing after having to totally edit drums, trigger all, uantize, replay some guitars and such...)I leave the job to focus on Alestorm and they write a huge blog about me saying i ripped them off, fucked off unexpectedly on tour (even though it was advetised on myspace and every uk gig site as well as every magazine in the UK :lol) and made myself unavaliable...
And the singer tries to rally a hate against Alestorm and tries to arrange it that if we ever play Perth, their fans will destroy all our gear :lol:

I will point out, Adam was on my side the whole time and helped me hassle the other guys to get off their ass and do the job required. And we're still really cool!

So yeah, i kinda do! Haha!

Amazing! That sounds like doing very well in making the most of a bad situation. I've never played to that many people so can't judge fully :)

I have it on video somewhere... :lol:

I didn't know a lot of the lyrics and o was relying on making my "BLAH BLAH!" sound piratical!

haha, fucking hell man - That sounded like a mission.

I'm guessing that's PmX you're talking about? I don't know them overly well or anything, just played on the same bill as them a couple of times over the last 4 or 5 years!

haha, fucking hell man - That sounded like a mission.

I'm guessing that's PmX you're talking about? I don't know them overly well or anything, just played on the same bill as them a couple of times over the last 4 or 5 years!

One of the guys in PMX's younger brothers. The band in question is Friday First.

Congratulations! rock the shit out of the crowd!
And kick everyone in slayer in the nuts for leaving without saying goodbye after not even 7 songs the 2 times I saw them :heh:

sorry to ot the O.P but to add to the shepards bush gig, the day before im now playing the birmingham academy FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Pics from the night!

E98V8098.jpg

E98V8135.jpg

E98V8144.jpg

E98V8155.jpg

E98V8161.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7396.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7378.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7469.jpg

IMG_7475.jpg

Nice!
Id give my left nut to play at a place like that!

But I have to say that I freaking HATE that shirt that says "Pantera - Cowboys From Hell" that has the "Vulgar Display Of Power" cover!

Fucking awesome dude, I could truly die happy if I got to play at a place like that to a huge crowd...

Fantastic pics, looks like it was a whole buncha fun!!
Congratulations again, gigs like that one don't come along everyday !!!