Cover artwork plagiarism - Iron Maiden, Evergrey, Kiss, Angra, Morbid Angel etc

Nightwish used the same statue to gain popularity in the US due to Evanescence's popularity-increase.

:lol: it sucks !! i'm not criticizing the artists, but they must find original ideas for album covers instead of the usual : "symbolism", "this statue - we dont even give a f*** about - looks cool and metal" etc... the job is well done though.

I fucking hate manorwar but this looks like a typical cover for a Hardrock/Metal Band so i don't see the fake. the first one is lulz though

Computers have stripped quite a lot of artistic talent and integrity from artwork as well as music.

Doesnt take some schmuck years to learn how to throw several images together in Photoshop. It will take him years to learn how to draw or paint, to use his eyes properly.

It's a bit like dance music, bits of samples thrown together. No talent invested in learning how to create samples with insturments etc.

There's obviously more talent in creating something unique from scratch as opposed to relying on others imagery and concepts.

Having said this though, we must all stand on the shoulders of genius if we wish to create something new, so a degree of continuity is paramount in anything.

The re-use of artwork isn't a crime, it just isn't terribly original either, artists obviously trying to fake it until they make it.

Disagreed, while the tools of art and music have become incredibly easy to use. It's still just as hard as ever to be geniunely creative.

Well yeah, genuinely creative meaning creating something entirely of your own.

All I'm saying is that a computer is a tool that has made things easier for amateurs to pretend they are professionals, any decent artist, like any decent musician will still require lots time invested to be genuinely good at what they do and to create something clever and original.

Öwen;8036949 said:
Computers have stripped quite a lot of artistic talent and integrity from artwork as well as music.

Doesnt take some schmuck years to learn how to throw several images together in Photoshop. It will take him years to learn how to draw or paint, to use his eyes properly.

It's a bit like dance music, bits of samples thrown together. No talent invested in learning how to create samples with insturments etc.

There's obviously more talent in creating something unique from scratch as opposed to relying on others imagery and concepts.

Having said this though, we must all stand on the shoulders of genius if we wish to create something new, so a degree of continuity is paramount in anything.

The re-use of artwork isn't a crime, it just isn't terribly original either, artists obviously trying to fake it until they make it.

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

I totally agree!

Öwen;8037010 said:
Well yeah, genuinely creative meaning creating something entirely of your own.

All I'm saying is that a computer is a tool that has made things easier for amateurs to pretend they are professionals, any decent artist, like any decent musician will still require lots time invested to be genuinely good at what they do and to create something clever and original.

Agree, because then its usually the idiots praising the fakers for being original...

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

I totally agree!

...like this idiot who doesn't seem to realize, there isn't a single original album in the link he posted, so having a post going "0mG4wd SHAMELESSNESS FOR PLAGIARISMSMN" is redundant.

I love the "omg! Even the mighty Bruce Dickinson!! OMGOMGOMGOMG" :lol: Wanna know why both albums have the same image? Because they both used the same painting, The Ghost of a Flea by William Blake.

Disagreed, while the tools of art and music have become incredibly easy to use. It's still just as hard as ever to be geniunely creative.

+ 1 swab

I have a studio at home and I can write epic master pieces, with aid of a computer, Beethoven wrote music with a piano and a pen and paper, the only difference is I have a 'piano roll / keyboard editor on my computer and can also use score. I also have software instrument meaning I don’t have to pay 30+ musicians to play something that might sound crap.

Owen and Painergrey your argument is very uneducated for the pure fact of people that came before music was written on a stage could say that having something laid out in a easy to read format is not exploring your musical instrument, same can be said for art, mathematics’ and science, are ability to create music/art is just as creative as it was 500+ years ago we just have the means and aids to help us.

Music and Art styles change, look at pop music 20, 10, and 5 years ago and see how much its changed, look at artistic work that is 50, 500, or even drawing on cave walls and you can see that influences change, new sounds and styles come and go. If you were an 'Artist' you would know this.

:lol:

ROUND 3 FIGHT!