cover songs

Originally posted by Morpheus
i like to hear Hey you (Pink Floyd), High Hopes (PInk Floyd), Elanor Rigby (that live antimatter version is a belter!), Simon & Garfunkel- The boxer or Sound of Silence, New Model Army- Brave New World or I love the World, Depeche Mode- In Your Room.
Those were comming to my mind spontaneously!

Cheers

Hey bastard where the hell did you get an Antimatter bootleg from :mad:
Whatever it was, me wants it too! I was there, you weren't :cry:

i don't know about everyone else here, but i'll take david gilmour over roger waters any day. not that i dislike what he's written, which is absolutely top notch stuff, but i kinda see him as a person with a large ego. I think David has a better voice than Roger, never did care for his vocals. i guess the thing about him and gilmour is that when The Wall was being written, actually right around the Animals album, waters was taking more and more control of the band, taking the music in his direction, and the other band members didn't take too kindly to that. but to keep a long story short, waters fired rick wright, and after The Final Cut left the band. the remaining members, including wright went on as Pink Floyd. waters sued them, saying that they can't go on tour because he's not in the band and its not "techincally" pink floyd. anyway, to get a full better, more accutrate version, find a PF site and read all about it. Like i said before, not to disrespect him for his work, i love what he's done, i dont care for him as a person.

Yeah, Waters took control of the band while the others fucked about doing loads of coke and that and made loads of money from the name 'Pink Floyd' that Waters made so powerful. Why do you think Gilmour was so desperate to keep the magic name 'Pink Floyd'? (£$£$£$£$£) Have a think about who deserved it, then question their integrity.
Hail Roger!

Carson: There's been a lot of talk about healing the breach between david Gilmour to put you two back together in Pink Floyd. Are any of the rumors or reports true?

Roger: Well, the only things that I have heard from them is that they wanted me to perform Dark Side Of The Moon with them in London the last time they did a great big world tour. I didn't want to do that. I think they kind of want me to pat them on the head and say *laugh*,'everything is OK guys', you know, 'you did good', and, 'it's all right.' I feel fine about what's happened. It was kind of hard for a while, just realising how powerful the name was. A lot of water has passed under the bridge and I'm really enjoying my life, and I am really happy doing the work that I am doing. I can't imagine a 'hell freezes over' tour to be honest with you. As far as i can see, it would still be allowing the numbers to rule. I can't think of any reason for me going back in and making a Pink Floyd record, and doing a short world tour, other than if I was to say, 'OK, you got me! I wanna be a big star, I want all of that crap, I want to re-embrace all that stuff I tapped when I wrote The Wall', and 'I want to change all my philosophies, everything that I've said and feel about my music and my own integrity, and my politics, everything about my life I would reneg now, and let's go out and make a lot of money together.' That is not going to happen. All of those things in my life that are really important to me, the music is really important to me, the kind of magic we had before we were succesful is really important to me. That connection between the performer and the audience, and the ideas, and the songs, I want to be part of THAT. I don't want any part of this, 'you know how much we grossed?' crap. I havent wanted that since 1977, when I said 'I don't want that, and I never want to do that again.' I still never want to do that again.

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Hey bastard where the hell did you get an Antimatter bootleg from :mad:
Whatever it was, me wants it too! I was there, you weren't :cry:
hmmmmmm you have one as well Gorik :p ;)

Originally posted by Strangelight
Yeah, Waters took control of the band while the others fucked about doing loads of coke and that and made loads of money from the name 'Pink Floyd' that Waters made so powerful. Why do you think Gilmour was so desperate to keep the magic name 'Pink Floyd'? (£$£$£$£$£) Have a think about who deserved it, then question their integrity.
Hail Roger!

well said dunc!!! i never liked gilmour,at least when compared to the mighty roger...some say he put his reputation first and set all the others aside,but i guess thats talent.

and the best moments of pink floyd are made by him sure!

*the grass was greener*come on now:mad: high hopes is a (s)hit

thanks for all the info, i've updated my page http://redirect.to.daveb to reflect this.
If anyone can add any more information it would be appreciated,
especially about 'the devil' and 'western lands' as i have no idea about the origins of these songs.

moody, i would love to hear any anathema mp3s you have no matter how bad the quality, I sent you a pm but didnt get a reply

cheers
dave

I mey soud a lilteradical but
play a bad religion cover????:confused:

and just with piano!?????
eheheeh but .......who am i to say ........

hey all these covers I dont know from wath bands they are could some one tell me
like the songs with the band that the original version is for!??

Originally posted by daveb
thanks for all the info, i've updated my page http://redirect.to.daveb to reflect this.
If anyone can add any more information it would be appreciated,
especially about 'the devil' and 'western lands' as i have no idea about the origins of these songs.

moody, i would love to hear any anathema mp3s you have no matter how bad the quality, I sent you a pm but didnt get a reply

cheers
dave

The Devil is a Gashead 2000 cover that we played in Brazil and Western Lands is a Ship Of Fools track the we played on the Eternity tour.

Originally posted by Infected Core
I mey soud a lilteradical but
play a bad religion cover????:confused:

and just with piano!?????
eheheeh but .......who am i to say ........

so they arent allowed to do punk covers? even worse, with a piano?

personally speaking, it's an amazing covers. i like it much more than its original.