Anathema - Digipak version

doom_dragon

dead soul
Jun 27, 2002
I have a few questions about the just released digipak version of Anathema's masterpiece Alt4.

1. Are these 4 additional bonus tracks studio versions or live recordings?
2. All clean vocals or growls (maybe because left-offs from earlier albums)
3. Any songs on it that were never released before?
4. Is it worth to buy it once again, when I already have the original? (But I think I would buy it anyway ;))

Here is the tracklisting for the bonus tracks:

11. Your possible pasts
12. One of the few
13. Better off dead
14. Goodbye cruel world (Pink Floyd cover I think)

Well, it's 3 Floyd covers and a Bad Religion cover (Better Off Dead), 12 and 13 are probably the same versions available on Resonance, "Better Off Dead" is very nice. Don't know much about the others.

EDIT- Haha, 14 is probably the same version as on Resonance as well, shows you how much attention I've paid to that album :tickled:

All covers from the X album except Your Possible Pasts which is a dodgy version we did during demos for Alternative 4, unless its a different version I dont know of. No growling, but youre free to do your own growls whilst listening to the forementioned audio tracks.

i want the original limited edition :cry: with the orchestral version of the silent enigma on it.....

Strangelight said:
All covers from the X album except Your Possible Pasts which is a dodgy version we did during demos for Alternative 4, unless its a different version I dont know of. No growling, but youre free to do your own growls whilst listening to the forementioned audio tracks.
Seems like peaceville wants some easy money.......

Seems? I'd say they are screaming it out loud. They're doing it the wrong way though, I'd pay more for an original version of Serenades, Eternity and TSE than the fkin "limited" digipack with stupid "bonus" tracks implented BETWEEN the original tracks.

doom_dragon said:
I have a few questions about the just released digipak version of Anathema's masterpiece Alt4.

1. Are these 4 additional bonus tracks studio versions or live recordings?
2. All clean vocals or growls (maybe because left-offs from earlier albums)
3. Any songs on it that were never released before?
4. Is it worth to buy it once again, when I already have the original? (But I think I would buy it anyway ;))

Here is the tracklisting for the bonus tracks:

11. Your possible pasts
12. One of the few
13. Better off dead
14. Goodbye cruel world (Pink Floyd cover I think)
well seeing as they are 3 floyd songs and a bad religion song i really cant see how there can be any "growling" on them...:err:
dont mind me i just dont like this "clean vocals or growls" thing
growling? what the fuck is that all about?

Mariner said:
i want the original limited edition :cry: with the orchestral version of the silent enigma on it.....
I love this orchestral version.
Anyway I have to admit that I often listen to resonance. Good opportunity to have access to the orchestral version of the Silent Enigma, the accoustic version of far away. Damn these songs are good!

pagan2002 said:
well seeing as they are 3 floyd songs and a bad religion song i really cant see how there can be any "growling" on them...:err:
do you mean that it doesn't matter or that growling is stupid like?

Mariner said:
hey if you're going to brussels one of these days, i saw it in a second hand shop near the "city2"...
actually, it was not a digipack, but a japanese version (with 2 booklets : a japanese and the normal) with Silent Enigma as bonus track.
write me if you want to know where it is ;)

nice to see the forum being back :)

pagan2002 said:
I didn't know, that the other songs are also pink floyd covers and a bad religion cover. So it's clear for me now, that they're with clean vocals. ;) I don't have the "resonance" albums and this peaceville "x", so i think I should give it a try, because:

1.) Alternative4 is one of my favourite Anathema albums and
2.) Pink Floyd was my first contact with "rock" music and made me hearing this kind of music (This songs must be older ones, because I can't remember them, this moment)

I just got the digipak today and it is that version. Doesnt sound too bad though. If I remember rightly Pagan played the drums and Jamie did a bit of shouting and that. They should have crossfaded it into One Of The Few though, like on The Final Cut.

fish

Mariner said:
hehehe pieter... when i bought my Altenative 4 at 1998 i saw the digipack version but i choose to take the jewel case cause the digipacks don't like me then and i didn't know that was limited(at 1998)... When I realise what i've done i return to my Music Shop but the only 1 digipack copy from Alternative Digipack was gone... :( :(