covers

they have a rainbow cover.. gates of Babylon. That's on the sender of thoughts album

On an ABBA-tribute, they covered 'Knowing Me, Knowing You' (Morgana Lefay did an awesome version of 'Voulez-Vous' on that same tribute album). They also did 'Losing More Than You Ever Had' on an Accept-tribute, 'Rainbow Demon' (FUCKING AWESOME!!!) on a Uriah Heep-tribute and they did a version of 'Power Of The Night', which sounded better than the original by Savatage.

I really like their covers less the Accept tune. It was not bad per se' as far as musicianship, but it sounded obligatory and lacked the passion Accept put in the song.

Bryant

Urban breed said:
There is also 'Devastation', Savatage. It's on the Japanese version of Modus Vivendi.

a few things come to mind.

one, why is it every band puts something different for japan, whats special about it?

and ill have to get that, probably from my friends uncle. in the mean time i must go pack up my drums because show is tomorrow !

:err: I am still waiting for an Iron Maiden cover!

Perhaps in the next album? :loco:

Pabla said:
:err: I am still waiting for an Iron Maiden cover!

Perhaps in the next album? :loco:

that would be very cool. although if you guys do, might i make a suggestion.

alot of power metal bands, when they do covers of older stuff like old maiden, riot, priest and such...they use the double bass pedal when the song has none. even though you may like to do it more (i do as well) it sounds much better if you refrain from that :D

No-Mercy said:
one, why is it every band puts something different for japan, whats special about it?

Check out this thread on the Prog Power board from a few weeks ago:

http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189424

Basically, bonus tracks are put on discs to keep regional distributors happy. Check out that thread to round out the information. There's a lot of interesting stuff tucked into that one thread.

No-Mercy said:
a few things come to mind.

1. The reason Japan CDs tend to have extra tracks is because CDs there cost so much more money than elsewhere that they often have to add extra tracks. If they didn't, people would simply import CDs instead of buying the domestic Japanese version, and Japanese record companies would lose money. The extra tracks discourage people from doing this.
  2. In conjunction with #1, this also has the effect that, while reducing imports, it can fuel demand for Japanese pressings elsewhere in the world and have a favourable effect on their balance of trade. Hence the demand for Japanese pressings around the world, even though they're substantially more expensive.
  3. The Japanese music market is "duration sensitive"... their perception of value for money is based on how much music they get on the CD so the record companies tend to make them longer than domestic releases by the inclusion of singles and/or b-side tracks.
Bryant

Urban breed said:
There is also 'Devastation', Savatage. It's on the Japanese version of Modus Vivendi.

Hmmm...looks like I'll be needing to track down a copy of that! It's one of my favorite Savatage songs...nice choice! :D

Steph