cradle of filth new stuff - "damnation and a day"

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
songs...

01. A Bruise Upon The Silent Moon
02. The Promise Of Fever
03. Hurt And Virtue
04. An Enemy Led The Tempest
05. Damned In Any Language ( A Plague On Words)
06. Better To Reign In Hell
07. Serpent Tongue
08. Carrion
09. The Mordant Liquor Of Tears
10. Presents From The Poison-Hearted
11. Doberman Pharaoh
12. Babalon A.D. (So Glad For The Madness)
13. A Scarlet Witch Lit The Season
14. Mannequin
15. Thank God For The Suffering
16. The Smoke Of Her Burning
17. End Of Daze

I'm really excited to listen to this album...I'm not a fan but this is the only black metal band I really enjoy...their lyrics are great and Dani's voice is so unique.

I don't know if I could buy another CoF CD after that Bitter Suites to Succubi crap... awful awful record, and I consider myself a fan.

I'm actually quite looking forward to it. My opinion is that the band have already past their peak, but for some reason this new major label thing is interesting me... I'll be picking it up for sure.

Midian is ok... if you're interested in classic Cradle (the stuff that made them big) check out 'Vempire' and especially 'Dusk and Her Embrace', one of the greatest gothic/dark albums ever (in my opinion).

Cruelty and the Beast is good, by far my favorite, along with Vempire. Then there's dusk which is cool. Most of their albums apart from the last couple (bitter suites, and in some ways midian, although the sound on that isn't brilliant either, but at least you can hear whats going on, unlike, say, dusk) can be quite bad. Still, they've written some good stuff, however I don't think I am qualified to judge wether they are past their peak or not. They've always had cool live sets though, things to watch :)

Actually it can be quite horrible, especially to wortk things out. The timing is out in several places as well on dusk. On midian the guitar sound isn't all that great in my opinion, and on cruelty the drums are very tinny, but still, the tracks are cool :)

I admit the drums on Cruelty are somewhat peculiar, but may I ask, have you heard Darkthrone?

And yeah, Cruelty is one of my favourite's too... Dani's vocals are probably best on that album.

Originally posted by requiem
Bad sound? I always though Cradle had a great production....especially on 'Dusk'
On the older records the drumsounds are just :puke:

I like A. Erlandssons style a lot more than Barker. He seems to be more dynamic and adds a lot of balls, or should i say penis, to the overall sound of the band.

EDIT: It seems like i'm the only one who enjoys the new album??

I'm sure I'll enjoy like you...maybe some tracks...I'm with the ones that said that Dusk and Cruelty were Cradle's nice moments...