Cradle of Filth- Damnation and a Day

Dec 5, 2002
Dallas
Ok. I think its know that im no real fan of cradle of Filth, but from what ive heard so far, the album is actually better than I expected. "the smoke of her burning/ end of Daze" starts out pretty fast (thats the first thing ive noticed, a speedier album), and continues with some pretty decent riffs. for once the keybaords and synth dont overdo and drown out the other insrtuments which is good. Dani is still wailing like hes trying to sing Death metal on helium, much to my disaproval but he does some normal singning too which was tolerable. Over all i think i would like the song more if it had a different vocalist, even though i know that wont happen. Ive only head snippets of other songs so i wont comment on it yet. Overall, old fans might find a change, and i have noticed that (shockingly) there is more BM influence (but still way off, keep trying guys).

Btw. New Darkthrone Album kicks ass.

np: Darkthrone- "Fucked up and Ready to Die"- Hate Them

IOfTheStorm said:
because they are talentless, non worthy , and play with the wet dreams of wannabe vampire little kids.

My hopes were shattered by the next track i heard. I must agree once again. And yes Emperor does rule. If you like them you should check out scattered ashes penguin. it is a great release. Also Marduk's "world funeral" is very good as well.

I heard scattered ashes was crap, for two reasons, one)emperor only has 4 official releases

2) each album is very different and has its own character, meshing everything together ruins it

Yeah I'm a CoF-Hater myself, although the music is not bad, it's just the vocals (and the vocalist!) that bother me. I've seen 'em live too, at Graspop, under a pleasant sun :erk: and yes, they suck shit. They were all rippin' drunk and in the end they even catapulted a keyboard into the audience out of sheer frustration.

Wankers.

Damn i liked the Scattered ashes thing. really just the second disk, because of the great covers of funeral fog and and cromlech, and the shit from the Lord of Stroms EP. ohh well. The first disk is worthless though.