CRADLE OF FILTH Singer Throws Tantrum At U.K. Awards Show

i agree that CoF isn't black metal, but i like them nonetheless, i don't think you should dislike something just because its popular, however it is true that frequently "mainstream" music has a less talented sound, but i still like Cradle.

dude dani fucking rules. when he goes super high or super low, quiet speaking parts, vocal layering...way more interesting than just some guy screaming the same way all the time. and of course they arent black metal. black metal is fuckin BORING. id take 'cruelty and the beast' over some no-talent darkthrone shit that'll put me to sleep any day of the week. lame riffs and bad production dont interest me at all. BM can go suck a dick.
-neal

cradle of filth= sperm eating duck's screams, goth/pop melodies played by metal(?) guitars, fake and plastic drum sound (drum machine),image to attract 15year olds who think they are vampires and wear vamp make up (goth kids mainly) ..overall the definition of fake .

now darkthrone are way more authentic and pure, and they have fucking killer riffs in the vein of early celtic frost mainly (someone likes celtic frost, then he must like darkthrone's riffs).
also darkthrone were the leaders of a whole scene, c.o.f. = "metal"'s britney spears

words like 'authentic, pure, and true' dont mean jack shit to me. i dont give a fuck if they were the leaders of the scene because i dont like ANY OF THE MUSIC FROM THE SCENE. i havnt heard any of cof's really old shit so i dunno if they used to have more in common with black metal or not, but Dusk...and Her Embrace aint got shit to do with darkthrone, and neither does anything after.
-neal

IOfTheStorm said:
cradle of filth= sperm eating duck's screams, goth/pop melodies played by metal(?) guitars, fake and plastic drum sound (drum machine),image to attract 15year olds who think they are vampires and wear vamp make up (goth kids mainly) ..overall the definition of fake .

That fake plastic drum machine is Adrian Erlandsson (At The Gates) LOL
:lol:

well i think they kept the drums kinda quiet and without too much power becuase it would have made the recordings really brutal otherwise. listen to the drumming on cruelty and the beast. barker is a fuckin madman, and if he had a powerful bassdrum sound and a heavier snare, the drums wouldve taken control and i guess they didnt want that.
-neal

Ok listen fools, Cradle of Filth and Dani fuckin rule. I also like other Black metal bands like Darkthrone, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, and Immortal, but Cradle have something special. Dani's vocals are high pitched yes, but they are not annoying to me atleast. The music is also a lot heavier than some BM band who play the same riff over and over again and have the same blast beat and shitty production the whole cd. With all the instruments coming together, it makes it fuckin brutal! And for all the Cradle haters, if you hate them, then don't fuck with us who like them!

The one thing that pisses me off is that alot of people use the argument that COF arent Black Metal so they cant be compared to bands like Darkthrone or Mayhem. This is amusing because the band themselves call their music black metal. They have the attitudes of 12 years olds as well. I just read an interview with the guitarist ( i think ) in The Pit extreme metal magazine. and i quote "We dont give a fuck, We like pissing people off." This sounds like something straight out of a Slipknot album. At least Darkthrone matured and dropped all the True Norwegian Black metal shit.