Cradle of Filth

satanicnugz

Blast Beats 4 Life
Apr 18, 2004
Minot, ND, USA
What do you folks think about Cradle of Filth? Sure they are not black metal, but they sound like they were inspired by BM. Some people say they are BM wannabes or ripoffs. CoF is one of my favorites. Their music is pretty original in the scene filled with copycats. Dani has a very unique scream. Also the music is tragic and beautiful at the same time. Can anyone else back me up?

CoF fucking sucks despite the fact that their drummer used to be in at the gates and one of their guitar players posts on UM occaisionally. contrary to what some people think, or in this case, not think, original does not mean good. the funny think is that i think even CoF have said themselves that they aren't black metal.

^ so what if they aren't black metal ?

I love it how people take it personally that a certain band “dares” to sound like some form of extreme metal, and then a lot of people hate them because they are not “tr00”
Who cares what they sound like or what they try to sound like ?
If you like it, or if they are good= then they are good, end of story.
They don’t try to sound like BM.
They have their own unique style that too many people get offended by it, because the band has too many 14 years old fans.
I personally think CoF is a good band for the most part.

Satanicnugz, if you like their music: enjoy it.

I'm not a fan, really. They have some okay music, and their drummer is fucking fantastic, but I really cannot get over Dani. He is such a whiney bastard that I just can't appreciate the music. Usually I can look past bad vocalists.. but I mean... damn.

Yeah... Dani might have a unique voice... but he still sucks. I use to love CoF, but now i can't really even listen to them. They have some alright moments, but beyond that i get no musical satisfaction.

Wolftribe said:
Yeah... Dani might have a unique voice... but he still sucks. I use to love CoF, but now i can't really even listen to them. They have some alright moments, but beyond that i get no musical satisfaction.

:agree:

Cradle of Filth isn't Black or Death, infact Dani don't like to be placed under either Genre. You couldn't find a more extreme band then Cradle of Filth! And the fact that they are Brittish makes it so much better. Anyone out there seen Cradle of Fear, the movie that Dani stared in? You have to be way exteme to have a movie like that!
According to my friend, Cradle of Filth is more like Symphonic Goth Metal, which fits them very will with their style of music and vocals.