Cradle of Filth-Nymphetamine

Cervantes

The undead general
Sep 29, 2004
Belgium
This is just one of the best albums from COF so far. The songs are very energetic and guitars very heavy. The title track which they recorded with Liv Kristine (Leaves' Eyes) is one of the best songs, but there are no bad songs on this album. This is a must have for any proper metal fan. :headbang:

Cervantes said:
This is just one of the best albums from COF so far. The songs are very energetic and guitars very heavy. The title track which they recorded with Liv Kristine (Leaves' Eyes) is one of the best songs, but there are no bad songs on this album. This is a must have for any proper metal fan. :headbang:

I only own two of their records, I best get off my ass & get this one. I have heard some great things about it. They are one of those bands that are hard to get into & I have to be in "the mood" for them.

Since Midian, I have been left "missing" something in al of COF's albums.

This is the closest I have come to reliving that Midian feeling.

I don't know if that's a good recommendation or not but if you liked Midian you'll probably like this.

Cervantes said:

Just downloaded the video (title track).
Nice production, nice video, boring music.
I immediatly noticed the fact that Dani spiced up some really stupid riffs with old tricks, and I can't listen to the song without that feeling. To make it even worse, they've put in a awful poppy guitar line.

I love this album. The longer version of "Nymphetamine" is extremely thrashy during portions of it and that kicks ass. Over all it is a great album and one of the best releases of 2004.

i own this album and i have to say it really kicks ass cervantes is right about the best guitaring in any of the COF albums

nymphetamine reminds me of st.anger, firstly, in that the riffs sound really cut and pasted and just don't flow from one to the next and secondly each song sounds like a 3 minutes song played twice for the sake of making it longer. Basically what i'm trying to say in 5 words or less is that it's repetitive and disjointed.

Midian is the best cof album in my opinion, this cd has it's moments, Swansong for a raven i like, but overall... a mediocre album.