Cradle of Filth vs Iced Earth

mirrorsin

New Metal Member
Jun 14, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Witch is better. The Iced Earth version of Hallowed be thy name or the Cradle of Filth version. I adore both but find it difficult to place one of the other. Both have their own feeling and soul. Please help. :hotjump:

iced earth's is a tribute, while cof's is a cover. cof is a sucky band that tried to make an amazing song their own, while iced earth is a great band that paid tribute to a great band.. and did an awesome tribute in the process.

Iced Earth wins.

CoF did the song better than both IE and Iron Maiden. It's a great song, but it's a fucking dark song and CoF was able to bring that atmosphere of impending doom. Iron maiden's just sounds gay next to it... way too happy.

I can't stand the begining of IE's version... it sounds so... blergh, I dunno why Barlow sounds really oafish there, but in the screamy parts it gets r0x0ring. The CoF version sounds kinda funny though. it's more of a novelty, But I gues I kinda like it better. The Iron Maiden One Overall kicks ass.

Cradle Of Filth hands down. They put their filthy little twist on it and I think did an excellent job with it. Although Iced Earth still did a respectable version, it's too close to the original and if I wanted that, I'd break out the Iron Maiden.

IE are one of my favourite bands, and I don't care that much for CoF at all, but I would have to say that I prefer the CoF cover. IE's sounds similar the original, and I much prefer the original, so I would never listen to the IE version. CoF's version is an interesting take on a classic with a personal twist, which I like, and think it makes for a good cover.