Cradle of filth

Sputnik

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
What do you guys think of Cradle of Filth?

I bought "Midian" a couple of weeks ago and I kind of like of what Im hearing...

But not near as good as Opeth though :headbang:

Cradle of Filth is one the 1st extreme metal band i began listening to, along with Slayer and Dimmu Borgir.
I used to really love them, i still do but I dont listen to them as often as I did.

Midian is a great album, but the guitar sounds like crap compared to the other albums. It doesnt sound black metal like it used too.

You should try out Dusk And Her Embrace after that one. Simply their best and most original.

"V Empire" is ttheir other extremly good album, although it is shorter.

Cradle of Filth is a good band that people either love or hate, I don't care what people say abou them.

I used to be completely fanatical about them! I'd never even heard of black metal before a friend threw me a copy of 'Principal of evil made flesh' (which I still rate as an awesome album). I don't really like them too much anymore (I've gotten into the more brutal side of Black Metal), not sure why. Didn't like that EP released before Midian (Pandaemoneon or something?), but I do plan on getting Midian sometime, just to check it out.
Actually, it just occurred to me, one reason I've gone off them a bit: the constant line-up changes. It tends to annoy me when people leave bands I like, and that's happened alot recently with COF- I just get in a negative frame of mind towards a band and it all goes downhill from there :( That may pass, though. They are very good at what they do.

(and plus, Dave Pybus left Anathema to join them, so that's another annoying thing:mad: :mad: . But I guess that's not really COF's fault:err: )

They got me where I am today.. having been in a metal band and now with much MUCH more sophisticated and refined (really??) musical tastes..

I still like Principle of Evil Made Flesh and Vempire. Past that, Dani's voice became more of a "jabber"..

Dani's vocal really piss me off 2. And 2 piss u all off, I've only got 1 Dimmu Borgir song, but that one (I don't know if all of it is like this) is absolute crap. I could have pulled better music out of my...... Wow look everyone we can play guitars fast and hit dums hard, it doesn't matter that it takes very little skill, cos we make a lot of noise!

I like Danis "witch" voice and Im wondering if there is any other band that uses this "witch" voice?

The thing I dont like about Cradle of filth is the keyboard or synth...:mad: Thats like using a drum machine to me...

The singing nymfs is quite beautiful sometimes...

Sputnik: I know that the singer of Hecate Enthroned has the same voice has Dani. But hell, those guys in HE are fucking posers! Its the same music as CoF.

And why do u think using keyboard is like a drum machine?
Keyboard is an instrument like any other and it takes talent if you wanna be recognize, like any other guitarists or whatever.

The first two albums of Hecate Enthroned sounded much like C.O.F. but since "Kings of Chaos" they created their "own" style, and I think it´s a great album the only negative thing is that it's only around 30 minutes. I personnaly like their albums more than C.O.F.

Dimmu Borgir - StormBlast was my fav. dimmu album.. and i just got my hands on the In the Woods - Three Times Seven on a Pilgrimage, its pretty good so far.

I hate keyboard beacause I have played it in 3 years of school time...I get the midi feel everytime I hear a keyboard it feels plastic and fake! And it totally electronic, wich I dont like.