Cradle of filth

Lately I've been going through this big Cradle phase actually. I have to say I like them, even though I've only heard 2 albums. I have to say this though - Malice Through The Looking Glass is one of the most perfect songs I've ever heard. It is incredible. :D

Ok people this is a thing. Cradle of Filth is one of the most hated bands in metal, and I don't know why.... They are very good musicians, but the vocals take a while to get used to... Thay are awesome live, they write some of the best lyrics that I have ever read, and goddamnit I like them...Besides the vocals they aren't really black metal, they are a lot more gothic in my opinion.

Despot: The music they play is called Gothic Norsecore. hahaha.

You know why they are one of the most hated band in metal? Simply because Dani is a sluttish troll trying to make money like if he could control everything around him! :loco:
They have alot of the new black metal influence in their sound so...
And yes Dani writes excellent lyrics and they are good live.

The first black metal stuff I heard was either Dissection or Cradle Of Filth.. either way, some time afterwards I got myself a copy of "Dusk... And Her Embrace", which I think is OK, except for the 'vocals'. Ugh.

Haven't listened to COF after that. Are they (vocals) better these days? ;)

I like CoF's music, but I find the image absolutely ridiculous. Also, Bitter Suites to Succubi sounds really uninspired and kind of boring, and having 3 re-recorded versions of old songs just seems like utter laziness to me.

Dont you think danis voice on midian sounds scary???

Well...I think so...more scary than Åkerfelts "cocky monster" growl

What is it in his voice you dont like(Danis)?

I am also not a fan of COF, even though I have tried. I can not get over the voice, the attempt to sound epic, and the overall silly image they try to convey. Some bands can act evil, and you almost believe it. COF just comes across as kids who were picked on in school, trying to act tough now. I have never been able to take them seriously.

As for Dimmu, I lost respect for them because of the synthesizer work. I felt Stomblast was a decent album, with a lot of potential. Their music just went downhill from that. They seem to “borrow” heavily from to many other bands. I swear at times I can hear Dark Tranquillity playing in some of their songs. When I first heard Enthroned Darkness Triumphant my reactions was “This is not bad.” After another listen I started to hate it. Ultimately I found the album to have a very strong opening song in “Mourning Palace” and ends with a decent song. Everything in the middle just drones on to much, sounding the same. Someone above mentioned their hate for synthesizers. I do not hate them, because I love some bands that are all electronic, but I agree that Dimmu does not know how to use them. It is the SAME playing for almost the entire middle of that album. "Baaaa ba ba ba baaaa baaa ba ba ba baaa"...UGH...

When their next album came out, I did not buy it, instead choosing to listen to a friends. I gave it back to him the next day. While I hear that their newer stuff is better, with more variation, I have yet to even try it.

I, for one, have to say that I love Cradle of Filth.

I've got all their albums from 'Dusk' up, and love them all except 'Midian' which has its moments but doesn't inspire me much.

I'm surprised more people don't like Dani's voice(s), but I suppose I can see why.

'Dusk and Her Embrace' and 'Cruelty and the Beast' are two fantastic albums. I normally stay away from the more extreme side of music, and Cradle have just enough gothic and romantic elements to interest me.

The lyrics are commendable too, even if they don't make a lot of sense at times. Dani's vocabulary is second to none and the poetry of his words override any sense of mangled sentence structures or mixed metaphors.

Admittedly the nonsense of their image is a bit much at times...