Crap.

yosmark

I love Wanda
Sep 16, 2006
Mexico City
So i think i should start this thread, i think that everyone have always had a dark past, something like "I used to like Justin Timberlake" i was thinking that maybe everyone can post the band, bands or singers that you used to hear, i will start, i used to hear and like some of the Britney spears songs (wow that was hard) also blink 182 and like both of them, now i hate both of them and dont like the music of any of them, post, dont be afraid.

When I was younger,

And I mean like when I was 16, I went to see Kiss.

I cant honestly remember liking chart music since the mid 80's but in the early 80's I was a huge Madness and Adam and the ants fan.

Ohhhh and I used to like the Black Crowes and Bon Jovi, but I was 14 then.

My First record (45) was Queens I want to break free, First Vinyl Album I bought was Michael Jacksons Thriller.
Last vinyl I bought was a second hand copy of Maidens Live after death and probably Warrants Cherry Pie single.

Also I recently took my disabled mother to see dolly Parton.......I enjoyed the show.:headbang: :err: :oops:

My mom bought me a couple albums when I was about 10:

offthewall.jpg

s132538.jpg

I liked the song "Da Doo Run Run", so that's why I got the Cassidy album, but I don't recall why I got the Wacko Jacko LP. Didn't get into music much until around age 13..friend of mine left behind a Blizzard of Ozz cassette and I took it home to listen to it before returning it to him. (Took that same friend to his first Maidens show at the Galaxy this past weekend.) Was blown away by Randy's guitar work and been listening to metal ever since.

When I was wee little, I inherited a few of my brother's old 45's. Of those, my favorites were Eagles, "Take it Easy", and "American Band", Grand Funk Railroad. In fact, to this day when I hear "Take it Easy" I think about my brother.

My introduction to metal was when I found some of his heavier stuff on cassette in the attic. So at about 9 years old, I learned the joys of metal from Rainbow's "Rainbow Rising", and Judas Priest's "Sin After Sin".

great (yet terrifying) topic! here's a repost of a blog i wrote back in january (pix not included). props to dolly parton above! "jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene..." LOL

these are the groups/musicians i'd almost be ashamed of liking, if it wasn't that they put out so many great songs. i never said i was cool... ;)

neil diamond
"the jewish elvis." come on, you know you can sing at least 3 of his songs. bryan does a killer karaoke version of "sweet caroline." his VH1 "behind the music" episode was so uneventful: he never had a drug or alcohol problem... ;)
90957743.jpg

john denver
he looks like a pencil-necked geek, but had such a soothing voice. he sang folk-country songs that warm the heart. he did a wonderful acting job in OH GOD! with george burns. he died tragically in a private plane awhile back :(
John20Denver20-20Rhymes20and20reaso.jpg

genesis/phil collins
genesis did some cheesy, prog-rock in the 70s and then went pop in the 80s. phil collins' solo work was some good stuff also. and they always make entertaining videos.
sides1.jpg

Saxon
i think saxon had the worst fashion sense of any metal band: tight spandex, bad moustaches, poodle-hair, frilly shirts... but they made album after album of classic 80s metal, as part of the new wave of british heavy metal.
saxon02.jpg

“Weird Al” Yankovic
who doesn't like a weird al song (or video)? my first concert was to see him at the greek theatre in '86. awesome show. no one sings about food like al.
cpfapic1.jpg

poison
back in the early 80s, metal wasn't for girls. it was for testosterone-driven guys, who liked getting "fucked up" and banging their heads. then bon jovi came along in '84, with his hairy chest and smiles, and ruined it (until GN'R rescued it in '87). poison were prettier than some of the girls in the metal world. but they had some infectious songs, and singer brett michaels knew how to write a power ballad.
poison204.jpg

europe
swedish metal band with a very pop touch. their album with "the final countdown" was surprisingly filled with great songs. so who's prettier, singer joey tempest or brett michaels? ;) p.s. did anyone catch europe's "cherokee" in the trailer for Hot Rod?
europe_74.jpg

4 Non Blondes
for some reason, singer/songwriter/guitarist linda perry annoyed a lot of people. maybe it was the top hat, or her dreadlocks, or her unabashed lesbian look, or her hoarse yowl, or the fact that in early '93, you heard "what's up" about 10 times a day no matter where you were. but their one and only cd was filled with great songs and socially aware lyrics. linda's now pink's manager and has written hit songs for her (get the party started), christina aguilera (i am beautiful), and gwen stefani (what you waiting for). linda's got her revenge.
jcvs6d6v.jpg

Jewel
now, i know there's been a backlash against jewel for her overplayed video of "you were meant for me," her two poetry books (which i enjoyed), her snaggle-tooth (which i love), and her hootchie-videos from her last dance album (which were satires, people!). but i discovered jewel a full year before she hit it big, so she's always had a special place in my heart.
promo_long_shoreman.jpg

Natalie Imbruglia
yes, we all know that she, like kylie minogue, was in that aussie soap opera, "neighbours." but who cares? she's got a killer voice, killer looks (those lips!), and has put out 2 great cds. seriously, she's way more than a one-hit wonder. you'd be surprised at how good her songs are.
natalie_imbruglia_006.jpg

spice girls
remember when the spice girls ruled the world in the late 90s? it seemed like a more innocent, happier time back then. they put out some of the most infectious dance singles ever. scary spice had the look, but sporty spice had the voice. i hear there's a reunion in the works...
Spice_Girls01.jpg

great (yet terrifying) topic! here's a repost of a blog i wrote back in january (pix not included). props to dolly parton above! "jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene..." LOL

these are the groups/musicians i'd almost be ashamed of liking, if it wasn't that they put out so many great songs. i never said i was cool... ;)

[
Nothing to be embarrassed about at all Raveballs. So many of the heavy bands that are supposed to be "cool"...........suck. The singers can't sing etc...etc.. Just a bunch of noise.

You listed alot of great groups here.

Saxon needs to tour the U.S. again. Haven't seen them since:

Saxon.jpg

:kickass:

Seen them in June 1983 with Iron Maiden & Fastway....great show!!!

I grew up listening to the Motown sound in the late 60's...then my cousins who were older listened to War, Deep Purple, etc. My 1st records were from my Aunt, and she gave me Black Sabbath-We Sold Our Soul For Rock n Roll, Ted Nugent- Weekend Warriors & Double Live Gonzo, Aerosmith- Bootleg.

I listened to some early 80's glam- Motley Crue but I hated the look they had....plus after the drummer from Hanoi Rocks was killed by the loser Vince Neil, I quit listening to them altogther...He pretty much got away with his crime...how sad.:rolleyes:

First album I ever owned was Metal Health by Quiet Riot and Number of the Beast. I was in 3rd grade. Hard to believe Iron Maiden is still tearing it up. And I am now going on 33

Seen them in June 1983 with Iron Maiden & Fastway....great show!!!
I saw that show too.

My intro to music was in the mid 70's by whatever my parents played on the radio in the car which was pop/disco. Didn't have the money for albums so I bought lot's of 45's. They were mostly pop/disco. Once I started listening to rock and then later on metal, those 45's never saw the player again. My first album was Hotel California by the Eagles. Still have that album and still like to hear it.

Oh i must add that i like some of the Village People songs, i like them but not to going around the city with my car to the top volume with "in the navy" no i just like to hear them when i want a smile :loco:

I have you all beat.

I was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5, going through the supermarket and over the muzak, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John comes on.

I fall down and start bawling, because the song was so damned sad.